• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Random Reboots

ChrisDaniels

I am getting random reboots on my HDR.
I cant put it down to using the mod firmware as it was rebooting on the last firmware without using mods.

Is there a log file that i can view to see what the problem is?

I cant put it down to anything in particular and it only happens every few days from what i have monitored so far. When it does this however, rather than restarting, it sticks in standby until i wake it up.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
That's interesting. I left mine on overnight (or I think I did) having been accessing FTP late, but this morning it was asleep. Will monitor.

fenlander

I've noticed that attempting to play some downloaded .mkv files causes an immediate reboot instead of the usual polite message saying "Cannot play this format".

OP
OP
ChrisDaniels

ChrisDaniels

Yeah i've had that. And i've had reboots while playing an MP4 file.
But this is now rebooting while watching TV!? The picture freezes and a second later it reboots.

I've had this too when playing mp4 files from a USB stick.

When I stop the file playing, try to switch media types or remove the USB I get a reboot.

What I didn't realise was that it was recording eastenders at the time, so in the doghouse with the Mrs - iplayer to the rescue!

fenlander

For those interested in a rather grey area, scene contributors on Usenet seem to have adopted a new rule book as of the middle of June. Something in the new spec. consistently causes the HDR-Fox T2 to reboot when playing any recent .mkv from this source. I'm just a tad annoyed as the HDR was actually rather good (i.e. produced very pleasing results) at doing just this. While I can understand the box gracefully rejecting a format it doesn't understand, spontaneously rebooting is not acceptable and should be addressed.

I'm also unclear whether the design of the HDR has any potential for updating/supplementing codecs, either through Humax updates or by any other means.