Raydon \bundle

des h

apologies in advance ,i am a nubie here but i am contemplating uploading the raydon media& file server bundle to a new humax forsat hdrI have the file saved to a usb stick and i recon i understand the loading process, but the remaining part of the instructions confuse me . Do i need to have the receiver connected to the internet, presumably by lan cable to the back of the machine ? at present i am only intersted in combining a freesat epg with a non freesat epg so do i really need to connect to the internet

To install the software in the first place you need a PC and the box connected to the same network (internet access isn't essential). But the packages are updated from the internet anyway and transferred to the Foxsat by your own network, so for all practical purposes both the PC accessing the box and the Foxsat need to be networked. The software doesn't change the way the box works using the remote control in any way. Installing the first stage from a usb stick is just the first step.

Thank you for reply can I ask does this software enable the combining of freesat and non freesat epg and

Thank you for reply can I ask does this software enable the combining of freesat and non freesat epg and

There is no non-freesat epg (only now/next info). What it does is add a blank entry line in the epg (unless the channel is also a Freesat channel that you don't normally see because of your postcode) allows you to view it by entering the channel number you allocated to it in non-freesat, and also add basic manual timing recording. Freesat is a epg service for free to air broadcasters who pay for it. They aren't going to provide an epg for those that don't pay.

thank you graham for taking the time to answer my questions, i am living in ireland where i have set up a second lnb for saorsat which provides the irish channels on satellite, there are only 6 channels on it but they are in the5000+ range at present in the non freesat list,do i need to renumber them in freesat before i try and combine the two lists, sorry for all the questions !

thank you graham for taking the time to answer my questions, i am living in ireland where i have set up a second lnb for saorsat which provides the irish channels on satellite, there are only 6 channels on it but they are in the5000+ range at present in the non freesat list,do i need to renumber them in freesat before i try and combine the two lists, sorry for all the questions !

No you can use whatever numbers you like over 5000. The channel numbers in non-freesat are arbitary allocated at 5000 upwards in the order they get added. Using the channel editor in the Web Interface on your PC you simply import the channel list from your box, locate the channels and make them visible and freesat mode, a reboot of the box is then needed (you can do this from the PC), to get the box to load the modified channel list. After a reboot of the box they should be usable in Freesat mode without using the PC at all.

Note if you set a timer for other than the current day as overnight housekeeping overwrites the file then you need to boot the box to force the file to be reloaded before the recording is due. Easiest way is simply set a power on/off cycle early morning every day.

Back