[rc-app-bridge] Humax remote app for iphone

You have installed the new package, rc-app-bridge, haven't you?

Your iDevice has to be on the same WiFi network as the Humax.

Apart from that, I just downloaded the new package, and the Humax remote, installed them and they just worked.

That is strange. I have two HDR's connected currently. Named HumaxGreen and HumaxOrange. When I start the Humax app, I am given the choice as to which one I wish to use the remote with. No issues for me.

Could it be your router?

Just realised, you mentioned changing your dnla name earlier.. Is that how it's connecting? I have mine turned off..

I don't remember me mentioning that in this thread, but it have changed their names. I used then 'dlna-servername' package.

Wow!

Thanks af123. Installed the new helper package plus the Humax Remote app on both my iPhone and iPad. Brilliant! If I may say so, it works a lot faster then the 'original' Remote App package.
Yes, despite Apple saying that webapps were just as good as native apps when the iPhone was originally launched, that hasn't really stood up!

Here are the non-obvious mappings I've put in:

Search -> Media
PLUS -> Media
Home -> Portal

No idea. It doesn't seem that they finished the HDR T2 support - perhaps it thinks the box is a different model for some reason

Yes, despite Apple saying that webapps were just as good as native apps when the iPhone was originally launched, that hasn't really stood up!

Here are the non-obvious mappings I've put in:

Search -> Media
PLUS -> Media
Home -> Portal
What are you actually doing then - trapping the IP data from the app and converting to ir injections?

Just tried the new apps on my Android phone and have the same as Erza Pound. I can get the media player app to work which seems a little faster than using Skifta during initial trials. I have installed the rc-app-bridge and reset the humax but the Live Tv and Tv Remote Apps dont seem to want to connect since I dont think they can `see` the HDR on the network and like Erz stated there are no settings to change anything it just works or it doesnt so for now it doesnt but meh its not really that important I wasjust hoping I could annoy the wife by switching the channels randomly when I am upstairs :p

You can do that anyway - the ir package provides a virtual remote through the WebIF.

You do realise you need to install the relevant support packages before this Humax app will work?

The Humax RC app on my iPad detects and controls my HDR-Fox-T2 and I quite like it.
However, the Humax RC app on my Android Nexus 4 does not even detect the HDR-Fox-T2.

Back