Re-connect original HDD as external USB...

WatlingA5

Haven't been here for a while, but in the meantime we have retired and moved house...

Anyway... we had the Humax upgraded to a 1TB drive and the original one has been fitted into a USB enclosure; otherwise it is still just as it was when it was removed. Do I need to do anything other than plug it into the Hummy's USB port to play the contents?

To save anyone asking why I don't just plug it in and try, I don't have enough techy knowhow - or confidence - to decide whether I'm likely to cause damage somewhere along the line ;)

To save anyone asking why I don't just plug it in and try, I don't have enough techy knowhow - or confidence - to decide whether I'm likely to cause damage somewhere along the line ;)
No damage, it will either work or not work.

He's spammed a load of threads with strange posts. But I suppose you have noticed that yourself;)

Yes most odd.

In any case Linux partition structure for a Foxsat-hdr internal hard disk (The numbers refer to a 2TB drive)

Device GB Purpose
/dev/sda1 4 Recording schedules [1]
/dev/sda2 0.2 EPG [2]
/dev/sda3 1994 Video data [3]
/dev/sda4 1.2 Music & photos [4]

Obviously something has been happening while I wasn't looking....

However, the HDD enclosure's power unit proved to be dead, so I'm waiting for a new one :rolleyes:

Back