Re-introduction and a recommendation

Ed Ludlow

Hi all.

I've not been here for a while, being perfectly happy with my HDR-T2 with custom firmware. But now I've a slightly different question...

My parents want to replace their PVR 9150t, which I handed to them when I upgraded. Main reason being a requirement for Freeview HD now they finally have an HD TV...

I'm a bit out of touch with the current Hummy models. What's the recommendation? Budget not a huge issue, but their main requirement is a ease of use, and they quite like the idea of being able to set recordings remotely (and I'm happy to sort them out with custom firmware if available for their new unit). Also they'd like to transfer their old recording from the 9150T onto thew new unit. Again, I'm happy to do this and don't mind getting down and dirty with a screwdriver, FTP server etc etc.

Looking at HumaxDirect, this seems the obvious choice, but is it worth spending a little more and getting one of the newer models?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ed

Also they'd like to transfer their old recording from the 9150T onto thew new unit.
You will need to use humaxrw to get the recordings off the 9150. You can either run it from a PC with a USB to SATA converter or a caddy or if you have the custom firmware you can attach the old drive to the HDR-FOX T2 via a USB caddy and run humaxrw on the Humax.

The HDR-Fox T2-G is really the only option if you want to run Custom Firmware on a Freeview Humax box, nether the Humax 2000T or the Humax DTR-T1000 / 1010 can run CFW and are also less flexible

Back