Re-setup Problem

Andy Lees

Hi,

I originally setup my HDR-1000S with one cable by using an option in a hidden menu (I think). The box has been working fine in this mode for 6 months.

Now that I have a quad lnb and second cable I want to put the box back in to dual cable mode as the box does not automatically detect the second cable. I have confirmed that both cables are fine by connecting both cables to a second receiver.

The signal info menu displays "No Signal" for Tuner 1 and no message for Tuner 2. It is difficult to see if there is any strength or quality for either as they are all just blue. It also says "Freesat box connected with one cable" at the bottom.

After carrying out a factory reset the result is a "Weak Signal" but still no change to the Signal Info information.

Any ideas?

You didn't need to use any hidden settings, the box detects how many cables are connected on setup. Try a reset with just one cable on tuner 1 in. Repeat with the other cable. Does the box return to single cable working for both cables used one at a time ? Check the f connectors carefully the wire poking out may be too short for the HDR but work on other kit.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks for the advice Graham but in the end it appeared that all my connections and settings were okay. What I needed to do was actually Search for Channels - this showed both tuners connected with quality and strength, and readily found all channels.

Andy - that's baffling are you sure you actually did a reset. This sets everything back to how it was when delivered, the first thing it should have done is ask for a postcode, it will have forgotten the one you originally specified.

You should also have a blank recording schedule.

Have a look at your other thread on this issue.

Odd does your diagnostics screen show connected by two cable at the bottom, and did you have to re-enter all your recording schedule ?

That's correct, still baffled. What happened to your recording schedule and what does it say at the bottom of the signal info screen ?

Nothing planned in the recordings listings now, but anything recorded still there. Signal info screen says"Good" for both tuners and "Freeway box connected with 2 cable."

Thanks, still baffled why it needed a freesat tune after a factory reset. Could be some sort of weird glitch I suppose. However all seems normal for full two cable working. A factory reset doesn't affect your recordings but it will reset any changes you may have made to defaults. Box volume and auto power off settings are two that spring to mind. If you had turned off auto power off to avoid the box shutting down after 3hrs of not using the remote then you will have to change the option again.

Anyone else carried out a factory reset on a G2 box and had to rescan freesat channels afterwards ?

Back