Re-tune misses channels 70 - 85

keithatrochdale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi

Re-tuned my DTRT1000 twice and it has missed re-tuning channels 70 to 85, any ideas why and how to correct it?

Just checked, if you go to say 71 it tells you to go to 121. Surely the box should automatically go to 121 and delete 71?

Just checked, if you go to say 71 it tells you to go to 121. Surely the box should automatically go to 121 and delete 71?
No, becaase unlike you and me the box dosn't know what the message is saying. What is being currently broadcast are 2 separate channels - the real channel under the new number and a data channel using the old number. Apart from the text on the data channel that you can read my understanding is that there is nothing else linking them. As far as the box is concerned they are both bona fide channels.

The additional redirection data channels (e.g. 71) are being broadcast until the end of the month. After that you will probably need to retune if you want to get rid of them unless you can find some other way of deleting them off your box sooner!

Is re-numbering of channels really necessary?

Well, yes, on Freeview, because all those junk telemarketing channels could be renumbered into an obscure patch in the guide, but for mainstream channels like BBC News, etc, is it necessary to keep fiddling with them? Was the original guide so ill conceived that it needs constant tinkering? (Yes?)

I agree. It may be something to do with the way people channel-surf with the up-down button.

Back