re tune

viciousscrew

i have tried to re tune my device to pick up moved channels (11 pick to 34 ) but will not do it, do i have to go to factory settings to do this

i have tried to re tune my device to pick up moved channels (11 pick to 34 ) but will not do it, do i have to go to factory settings to do this
Was this with the "Smart" option active? If so try again without the Smart option which seems to cause far too many problems.

Yes I agree if your doing an Automatic ReTune selecting Smart usually never works and you still have the same channels, select Default instead.
Or if you know the the numbers of the multiplexes your nearest transmitter broadcasts you can do a Manual Retune.

And if you are doing a non-smart retune. as is being recommended, don't forget to photograph your recording schedule first as you will have to rebuild it after the retune.

Another way is to delete the destination channels (34 in this case) before using smart return then after tuning the schedule will still be intact ( apart from any that referenced the deleted channels)

Could someone possibly expand on [ Smart ], [ Non-Smart ] and [ Automatic ] tuning please

I've just tried to do an [ Automatic Retune ] but there was no option to do a [ Smart ] automatic retune, it just went straight into retuning
You do realise this isn't about HDR-FOX? HDR-FOX has some kind of "network" search check box (I forget the details), which is supposed to pick up only the specific UHF channels associated with a particular transmitter, but I have always regarded it as flaky.

Last edited:
Could someone possibly expand on [ Smart ], [ Non-Smart ] and [ Automatic ] tuning please

I've just tried to do an [ Automatic Retune ] but there was no option to do a [ Smart ] automatic retune, it just went straight into retuning
Are you using an FVP-5000T.

Press Freeview> Settings> Channel Settings> Automatic Channel Search.

Then you will see this dialogue.

"Do you want to search for new channels?

Select SMART to keep your scheduled recordings and personalised channel list intact or
select DEFAULT for complete retune (you will lose your scheduled recordings)"

Are you using an FVP-5000T
thank you davey64, sorry missed the machine-specific reference, as Black Hole mentioned, I use the Humax HDR Fox T2 series, but thank you for explaining the retune options available on newer models, having to do an occasional retune with a few recording schedules is a minor annoyance, when the retunes become more regular, with a lot of recording schedules, it becomes more than a pain

No, the OP has HDR-FOX so far as I know.
Eh? The OP started this in the FVP-4000T/5000T thread and, as far as I can remember, a moderator hasn't shifted it (indeed Martin's response at #2 refers to smart retuning - a 4000T/5000T "feature").
To clear the tuning system completely, the Freeview help desk suggest doing an automatic retune with the aerial lead unplugged
I find the easier way is to start an automatic retune and stop it immediately and then not save the results so far. That always makes my Humaxes grumble about having no channels. No fiddling about with aerial leads required.

Bit of confusion here I think. The OP is not Andrea but “visiousscrew” who may well have been talking about the 4000T/5000T.

I knew what was what and what I meant, nor do I think it was beyond the wit of man to realise that. In this case OP referred to AE, as the originator of a sub-discussion.

Shirley one should refer to the OP of a sub-discussion within a thread (at #6) as something other than OP as this causes confusion with the real OP - that is the person who started the thread and posted at #1. :confused::D

Back