Reboots after a retune on a particular channel

HumaxUser001

Model: HDR-FOX T2
Software Version: FHTCP 1.03.12
Update Date: 07 FEB 2014
Firmware: Standard
Network connection: None

Hi,
Humax has been working fine (for years!), however, after putting off a retune for a (very) long time, I did an automatic search yesterday (no channels in the 800+ range) and saved (only a single transmitter option offered). I then selected a series link for a channel 237 programme (TalkTV) and 20 minutes into the recording the Humax rebooted and then continued to reboot every few minutes thereafter. Turning off the Humax and selecting (say) BBC1 seems to return the box to normality and other channels can be also be selected.
If, however, channel 237 is selected to view, after a few minutes the Humax starts rebooting again (picture freezes first then a few seconds later, reboots).
I haven't been through every channel to see if others exhibit the same behaviour.

Can anyone suggest how to fix this issue/things to check/turn on/off.
Any further info please ask.

Thanks,
Mark

I reckon your HDR has an independent sense of taste!

The exhibited behaviour is reminiscent of data channels before the firmware got updated. I don't know how to explain it now, especially as a friend (with an HDR-FOX) is a regular viewer of GB News / TalkTV with no complaint.

I reckon your HDR has an independent sense of taste!

The exhibited behaviour is reminiscent of data channels before the firmware got updated. I don't know how to explain it now, especially as a friend (with an HDR-FOX) is a regular viewer of GB News / TalkTV with no complaint.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Was hoping it would be an obvious rookie error and an easy fix, oh well :(

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks for the quick reply!
Was hoping it would be an obvious rookie error and an easy fix, oh well :(

Thanks,
Mark
Thought I'd update for anyone else having an issue like this.

Since you mentioned GBnews, I tried that channel and it exhibited the same problem!
No other (randomly) selected channels seemed to have the problem (I didn't try them all).

I decided to install the CF, cos, why not.
Anyway, long story short, all now fine.

Have to say that you have done a fantastic job with the UI and all the features you have made available.
I can see how much time, effort and dedication has gone in to it, credit to you (all).

Cheers,
Mark

Thought I'd update for anyone else having an issue like this.

Since you mentioned GBnews, I tried that channel and it exhibited the same problem!
No other (randomly) selected channels seemed to have the problem (I didn't try them all).

Have to say that you have done a fantastic job with the UI and all the features you have made available.
I can see how much time, effort and dedication has gone in to it, credit to you (all).

Cheers,
Mark
You don't mention which level of Standard Firmware you were on previously,
I don't think anything in the CF would affect the handling of channels but is quite possible the CF you have installed is based on a higher Standard Firmware than you had before (Over the Air firmware upgrades stopped many years ago now)

Anyway it is good that you have solved your issue and now you have installed the CF I hope you will start to explore the web interface and the many benefits that it can give you. Join the discussions on the CF section of the forums if you need help.

I don't think anything in the CF would affect the handling of channels but is quite possible the CF you have installed is based on a higher Standard Firmware than you had before (Over the Air firmware upgrades stopped many years ago now)
I doubt that it is Standard Firmware version reliant. I tried duplicating the symptoms, and more, using HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_3.13 and couldn't.

Eh? You blind or what? Right at the top of the thread. That's why my reply was
The exhibited behaviour is reminiscent of data channels before the firmware got updated. I don't know how to explain it now

Good on you! Why not indeed, but plenty find it too intimidating.

No obvious explanation, except perhaps a general refresh.

Back