ReBroadcast recording which is still in progress

mihaid

Is there a way to broadcast using the ts file which is still being recorded to outside of the home network? PS: could it be that this belongs in the CF section?

Can you explain more about what you want to do? There are lots of problems. For one thing, although the Humax can (locally) play a file that is still being recorded (ie "chase play"), the file is encrypted and being passed through the decrypt on the way to the HDMI output (or analogue conversion to SCART).

In order to access a decrypted file, we need to pass it through the DLNA server decryption path - which so far has needed the recording to be allocated a DLNA index (the nnnn.ts form of the file name) so it can be accessed through port 9000. Unfortunately the indexer only does its job after the recording has been completed.

Presuming all those things can be side-stepped, the next problem is real-time bandwidth. I forget what I worked out the bit rate required for StDef, but it's probably 2.5mbps or there abouts. HiDef is 12mbps. What upload data rate does your ISP give you?

There is a way around all these things: it's called Slingbox.

Thanks. It just shows what crap I can come up with when I don't engage brain.
With regards to SB I had/have slingbox and it was wonderful whilst it worked. About a year ago it packed up (just after warranty expired) and from what I gather from forums other people experienced this and also poor service. I'm afraid I won't invest in them again. Excellent product let down by its support people.

yes and very useful it is too, i'm talking about streaming whilst still recording, thats if' the decrypt and dnla index issues you pointed out can be side-stepped.

I should have mentioned that one of our users (we've not heard from him lately - I wonder how the exotic massages are going) was trying to access his Humax using secure protocols from the WAN and upload recordings (in slow time). He was running into problems with communication breakdowns and having to break each file into chunks and then reconstruct them once transferred (though I thought that's what TCP/IP does).

In case this topic is still relevant to anybody: the detectads package has the capability of (what we call) "chase decrypt", which produces a decrypted copy of the recording file running slightly behind time (with the intention of minimising the delay before advert break markers are available post-recording).

In case this topic is still relevant to anybody: the detectads package has the capability of (what we call) "chase decrypt", which produces a decrypted copy of the recording file running slightly behind time (with the intention of minimising the delay before advert break markers are available post-recording).
I don't think using Chaseget will help remote users unless using file sharing, they will see the file size as it exists when they first access the programme and only retrieve that amount of data and wont see anything added to the file after that point.
I did try when first developing Detectads and Chaseget https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/DetectAds#Chase_playing

Back