Recommend a Freeview Recorder for my sister...

amjl2000

She currently has my old 9200T, but apparently she now wants an upgrade (I dunno why, I haven't asked).
I use a HDR-T2, which has been going well for 5 years or so. Shame they don't do 'em any more.

Anyway, my sister wants a new box. She doesn't have internet, nor is she likely to, so I don't see the point in getting her into FVP.

This will leave just the 1800 and 2000 (only real difference is HDD size).. Humax still sell them directly, and I assume they still cope with the pressures of modern freeview protocols etc. A good choice? I'd probably get her (yes, it's nearly xmas and I'm that generous) a refurb 1800 as they're only £80, and she's by herself so has no need for an extra 180GB in my opinion...

She currently has my old 9200T, but apparently she now wants an upgrade (I dunno why, I haven't asked).
I use a HDR-T2, which has been going well for 5 years or so. Shame they don't do 'em any more.

Anyway, my sister wants a new box. She doesn't have internet, nor is she likely to, so I don't see the point in getting her into FVP.

This will leave just the 1800 and 2000 (only real difference is HDD size).. Humax still sell them directly, and I assume they still cope with the pressures of modern freeview protocols etc. A good choice? I'd probably get her (yes, it's nearly xmas and I'm that generous) a refurb 1800 as they're only £80, and she's by herself so has no need for an extra 180GB in my opinion...
I can vouch for the following, I have two and they work perfectly, not a single power recycle needed, no purple screen when recording, plus media server and remote recording come as standard.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BYUGN7O

Back