Record 1st half of split recording

rodp

Hi All,

It's nearly Christmas and the recording schedule is getting fuller! I'm running into conflicts as the Hummy can only record 2 channels (plus the one you're watching). I'd like to utilise the normal channel and channel + 1 version to record the program in question but there doesn't seem to be a way to skip or cancel half the program that is split. Is there a way to do this or edit the db in question? Setting up a manual record might mean the beginning or end is clipped so I'd rather not do that and utilise the CRID codes. Through Webif, I noticed that looking at the raw schedule data the recording code is in two parts separated by a pipe character '|', and looks something like this V6AXW|V6AXW#1 [this is chitty chitty bang bang on Christmas Day]. How do you edit the db? Can anyone provide instructions and caveats? Or.... would it be easy to introduce a new feature where you can delete part of a recording?

Thanks in advance

Rod

Hi BH,

If the time changes (eg the start of the programme is delayed) won't it not be tracked and you may lose the start or end of the part you want to record?

Thanks

Rodp

Totally agree the probability is slim and so it's likely it will be fine but would be good to know if it's possible.

Thanks

Rodp

It may be just telly to you, mate, but it's life and death to some poor wretch!

I just wish "they" would stop this habit of splitting films. As a result, there are too many films in the search by genre list (or whatever it's called) on the 2000T and the films on Talking Pictures TV fall off the list. It then becomes necessary to plough through the EPG looking for films on that channel. :mad:

It may be just telly to you, mate, but it's life and death to some poor wretch!
Sounds like a campaign slogan for the Age UK/Gordon Brown/Daily Mirror grumble about over 75s free TV licence.

I just wish "they" would stop this habit of splitting films. As a result, there are too many films in the search by genre list (or whatever it's called) on the 2000T and the films on Talking Pictures TV fall off the list. It then becomes necessary to plough through the EPG looking for films on that channel. :mad:

I assume you have a machine with CF installed as your here.

In the WebIf, if you set a favourites group for the epg, then search in the epg by genre the results will be limited to the channels in the set favourites group.

I do have CF and if possible, would like to find out if I can edit the DB in question! :geek:

Thanks

Rodp

I tried to use the visual schedule display to select the second half of Chitty and while it let me select the alternate schedule when I selected Move to this recording it just disappeared form the schedule entirely.

This way be something that @af123 hasn't catered for in RTS, you cant just update the database to make schedule changes

You could investigate the nugget command which is what the webif uses to update the schedule but it is intended for internal use by the webif and doesn't come with extensive help.

Using manual recordings with sufficient padding is probably the easiest practical method.
You could then use detectads to strip out the padding and ad breaks and join to reunite the two halves.

Back to the question guys....any more thoughts?
There's no guarantee it is even possible to make the HDR-FOX only record one part of a split programme. The necessary machinery may not be present in the interpretation of the database. Use what you've got.

Back to the question guys....any more thoughts?
Using manual recordings with sufficient padding is probably the easiest practical method.
That is what I would do if I wanted to record one part from C5 and the other part from C5+1. Incidentally, if I want to record a split film from one channel I usually change it to a single manual recording starting before the first part and ending after the second part. (Most of the split films that of interest to me are on the minor channels and I doubt AR works well on these)

Back