record sky programs?

tonyq

Hi all, new member here.
having just bought/installed the Humax HDR-Fox-T2Freeview, there are a couple of questions I could do with answers if possible.
I have a
Panasonic TV
Sky Box (Basic)
Humax HDR-Fox-T2Freeview
1. Should it be possible to record sky programs?
2. Can I set times to record manually, (freeview)

Thanks in advance.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

The HDR-FOX T2 will only record via it's built in tuners, so will not record sky programmes.
Yes, you can set timers to record manually.

Hi brian,
please could you tell me how to record manually,or what page it's on in the User Manual, as I don't seem able to find it.

I'm away from my boxes at the moment, but if you press "Guide", then "Yellow", you get your schedule list. At the top of this list there is something about a new reservation, I can't remember the exact wording.
You simply select each field and manually enter the appropriate information.

If you can't manage to do it, post back here and someone should be able to offer some more help.

Black Hole,
we have only recently been able to receive Freeview, and the last recorder we had was a Panasonic. My wife for some reason would only use manual timings, so she new it would come on/stop when she wanted it too. Having had the Humax for a day I think she is now getting the hang of using of the Guide to set the programs, but just in case she needed to set manual timings, I wondered if it was possible to do. I will have a play around with it to-day. I doubt this will be the last time I will be asking for help!
Sometimes it not easy for us oldies LOL

:) The rest of us might not be as young as you think.

Once you have point-and-click on the Guide, and the ability to set a series recording which tracks timing variations all by itself, I don't think you'll ever find a reason to set a manual timer except for a certain bug work-around. In case you are not already, please make yourself aware of the issues surrounding Accurate Recording and Auto-Padding (click) - if I were to make a suggestion I think you will be more comfortable with padding.

Back