Recorded files not responding correctly to Hummy commands

richardar

I'm looking for help to solve this problem please. Some recordings, either stored as individual files or within a series folder, are only responding correctly to the 'Pause' command. The 'Fast forward / Reverse' command results in the not allowed sign appearing in the top right corner. The 'Jump' command results in the recording restarting from the beginning.The 'Stop' command results in having to start again from the beginning i.e the 'Start From' doesn't work.

These files' 'chocolate domino' emblems do not show a yellow triangle containing a + sign in the top right corner; also there is no recording length or channel number/name in the line under the program name. Immediately after the recording name they show underscore, date, underscore, nnnn.ts which is not shown on the files that play correctly.

Last night, out of 4 recordings, 2 are OK and the other 2 are as above.

This problem appears to be gradually getting worse.

For some reason, the recordings have lost their sidecar files. Those are the files that provide information on the recording such as the medialist title and EPG information as well as the index information that the Humax needs for trick play.

I can't think of a reason that those files are going missing unless it being caused by disk corruption of some sort. Have you run a disk check at all?

For some reason, the recordings have lost their sidecar files. Those are the files that provide information on the recording such as the medialist title and EPG information as well as the index information that the Humax needs for trick play.

I can't think of a reason that those files are going missing unless it being caused by disk corruption of some sort. Have you run a disk check at all?

Tx for your quick reply. I do have corruption (and it is growing) on some recordings but so far I've put this down to bad reception. Can you please tell me - or point to a 'how to' - run a disk check?

Assuming custom firmware (seems a fair presumption since you've posted in this area):

Make sure your custom firmware is version 2.15 - upgrade if not;
Have you ever used telnet to connect to the Humax? If not, see http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Telnet

Connect via telnet, enter the PIN (four zeros unless you have changed it), select option 1 - Restart into maintenance mode.
Once in maintenance mode, connect again and choose option 1 - Check and repair hard disk (fix-disk).

Let it do its thing - could take an hour or so.

Assuming custom firmware (seems a fair presumption since you've posted in this area):

Have you ever used telnet to connect to the Humax? If not, see http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Telnet

Connect via telnet, enter the PIN (four zeros unless you have changed it), select option 1 - Restart into maintenance mode.
Once in maintenance mode, connect again and choose option 1 - Check and repair hard disk (fix-disk).

I have auto-update installed so s/w should be up to date. I'm looking at the WebControl page - can I find the version from there?

This is the base firmware (as installed from a USB stick), and not auto-updatable like the packages. The version is announced on the front panel display during boot, and is shown in the bottom right corner of the WebIF front page ("Custom firmware version").

For more details see HERE (click).

Bottom right (In red) HERE

This is the base firmware (as installed from a USB stick), and not auto-updatable like the packages. The version is announced on the front panel display during boot, and is shown in the bottom right corner of the WebIF front page ("Custom firmware version").

For more details see HERE (click).

Got it! It's 2.13 so I should update before . Please point me to a 'how to' for this. Thanks

I've updated all firmware to the latest versions. Also ran the disk check. No errors reported. I've also retuned to a stronger channel as there was growing picture corruption on the old one. Could that have caused the occasional loss of the sidecar files?

Back