Recording conflict

OK, but (different) mode wouldn't lose you anything over (same) mode, or would it?

Never tried it (no point unless you plan on using diseqc ) the box will automatically select the correct mode on setup. Only if you change the connections after installation do you need to either change the connection mode or carry out a factory reset.
Thanks for the link. I have a DiSEqC switch and have attempted to set up my box in this way, just for F1. My difficulty was setting up my second fixed dish to find the other satellite. I used to have an equatorial mount but that died years ago.:(

www.dishpointer.com and http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ are your best sources of info. Using dishpointer you get a Google Earth view of the direction to the satellite. Just zoom in and drag the pointer to where your dish is. For 28.2 .E my neighbours gable end is a perfect direction alignment for 28.2E

Just to add to this thread, i had my hdr in front room fed by 2 cables, i have since upgraded to the freetime and have moved the hdr to my back room, replacing technisat, i have not done a factory reset and i can record 2 channels such as BBC1 and ITV and also BBC1 and Channel 4 and i have just a single cable feed and have a loop thru connecting the middle input with the other marked LNB2.... i have checked antenna settings and states 2 cables same, as it seems to work as it was with 2 cables i think i will leave it for time being.

i assume it is ok to have it set like that what would b the losses if i factory reset and selected single cable,

Just to add to this thread, i had my hdr in front room fed by 2 cables, i have since upgraded to the freetime and have moved the hdr to my back room, replacing technisat, i have not done a factory reset and i can record 2 channels such as BBC1 and ITV and also BBC1 and Channel 4 and i have just a single cable feed and have a loop thru connecting the middle input with the other marked LNB2.... i have checked antenna settings and states 2 cables same, as it seems to work as it was with 2 cables i think i will leave it for time being.

i assume it is ok to have it set like that what would b the losses if i factory reset and selected single cable,

Try and record 300 Film 4 and 124 More 4 at the same time. If you reset or change to single cable mode it will tell you when you try to make impossible recording combinations.

Try and record 300 Film 4 and 124 More 4 at the same time. If you reset or change to single cable mode it will tell you when you try to make impossible recording combinations.

unfortunately some nice person bought it so is now all boxed up ready to go to a new home....

You can also check the connection mode by entering the setup menu with Freesat tune highlighted and pressing Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue (in succession, don't look at the screen). Select Antenna Settings. Connection Type should say Two Cables (same). If it does not the box thinks both tuners are fed from a single lnb hence the restrictions on recording you are finding.

No you won't lose recordings (everything gets set to defaults like the volume for instance), were you able to carry out the 2 cable working test ?
i have gone through the procedure as outlined afraid i am still getting 'conflict recording

i have gone through the procedure as outlined afraid i am still getting 'conflict recording

Let's start from scratch. Look round the back do you have two cables, connected to the outer terminals with nothing on the middle one, or just a single cable, if only a single cable is the centre terminal connected by a short coax to the other terninal not used by the single cable ?
If you can advise will know where to start.

Let's start from scratch. Look round the back do you have two cables, connected to the outer terminals with nothing on the middle one, or just a single cable, if only a single cable is the centre terminal connected by a short coax to the other terninal not used by the single cable ?
If you can advise will know where to start.
i have 2 cables connected to the two outside terminals with nothing on the middle one ,there are four terminals on the dish and have a third cable from the dish connected to a freesat non recording box in another room

i have 2 cables connected to the two outside terminals with nothing on the middle one ,there are four terminals on the dish and have a third cable from the dish connected to a freesat non recording box in another room

Try this. Tune to BBC-HD and press record, tune to BBC1-HD start a second. Now tune to a selection of other channels, you should be able to view and live pause any other channel. Can you post the results ?

Try this. Tune to BBC-HD and press record, tune to BBC1-HD start a second. Now tune to a selection of other channels, you should be able to view and live pause any other channel. Can you post the results ?
have done as you suggest and can view and live pause other channels

have done as you suggest and can view and live pause other channels

In that case need examples of recording clashes, it's got to be down to broadcaster crid errors. Example the BBC sometimes use just a series crid and no programme crid. As a result the box thinks every showing on all the regional channels is a different episode so tries to schedule the lot :)

Also if it occurs after setting reservations could be one programme using AR overunning start of second when same tuner is required.

In that case need examples of recording clashes, it's got to be down to broadcaster crid errors. Example the BBC sometimes use just a series crid and no programme crid. As a result the box thinks every showing on all the regional channels is a different episode so tries to schedule the lot :)

Also if it occurs after setting reservations could be one programme using AR overunning start of second when same tuner is required.
having gone through the 'button pressing' you suggested above, last night the recording worked perfectly! So thanks very much Graham

Back