Recording directly into a subdirectory or NAS/USB drive

sweeper runs as part of an auto-processing scan, so the controls for setting the periods when auto-processing is allowed also apply to sweeper.

As to the rest of your questions, it's a case of exploring (I assume you looked at the wiki entry?). You are not restricted to what the GUI editor can do - you can look at and edit the rules as plain text if you want. If you are used to coding, you might find that representation suits you.

can 'sweeper' rules be transferred easily
As easily as transferring a file.

Thank you hairy_mutley

Now auto processing is not processing newly created sweep rules, though auto decrypt and auto shrink have completed ok

Also, cannot see any options in 'Auto-Processing Settings ' in 'Settings'

What? WebIF >> Settings >> Auto-Processing Settings (immediately under General Settings).
Here is my Auto-Processing Settings, as you can see, no setting options for 'sweeper'

I've used the 'Test config', which finds valid files to process, but after several hours, nothing has been moved, yet the queue files are being processed

Thanks you for your suggestions

Attachments

• auto processing settings 192.168.1.110.JPG
    auto processing settings 192.168.1.110.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 11
Here is my Auto-Processing Settings, as you can see, no setting options for 'sweeper'
I sometimes wonder whether you actually read anything I tell you, or if it's a case of not understanding the point:
sweeper runs as part of an auto-processing scan, so the controls for setting the periods when auto-processing is allowed also apply to sweeper.

I've used the 'Test config', which finds valid files to process, but after several hours, nothing has been moved, yet the queue files are being processed
Show us your rules.

Try the 'Run Now' button (and post the results) - Test config only does a dummy run without moving files so wouldn't detect if there are any problems with the target folders

Try the 'Run Now' button (and post the results)
I created the destination sub-folders and copied from across the top of the page, but needed to delete spurious spaces, so know the path is correct, running 'Test config' report Match and Nomatch results, doing 'Run now' processes as expected

Match - processed as expected

Nomatch - ignored

However, I decided to take a peek at the .conf files using the file editor I discovered >>> File /mod/etc/sweeper.conf does not exist, does that have any significance

File /mod/etc/sweeper.conf does not exist, does that have any significance
If you have saved the configuration 'Save Changes" then the file should exist so its absence would be very significant!
Test config and Run Now will use your unsaved configuration for testing purpose, but obviouly it must be saved before Auto processing can use it
(For any folder other than the 'My Video' folder the configuration is set in a .sweeper file in the folder)

Currently, I only have three folders configured with a sweeper rule in each series linked folder, the rule is to file away a recording based on the series number

So at the root level of 'My Video' > 'Programme Folder' > S1, S2, S3, S4 and S5

Having had a look at the 'Queue' list, decrypt and shrink processed as expected

None of the .log files show any activity with the term 'sweeper'

None of the .log files show any activity with the term 'sweeper'
Sweeper activity would appear in the auto.log file but only in you set the auto processing logging level to debugging on the settings process,

Sweeper will never appear in the Queue, Auto has two phases Scan which looks for pieces of work to perform and puts slow actions on to the queue to be processed later and Deq which processes the queued items. Sweeper is part of the Scan phase.

Back