Recording end padding value

smugdruggler

Hi,

Hopefully this question has not been posted before, I have run a search but did not find this topic.

I have been losing the end of recorded programmes even though I had set an end recording pad time of 3 minutes. I went to settings to increase to 5 but found there was no end padding set. I set it to 3 again but the next day when I watched a recording it had again missed the very ending of the programme. You can I mommy surprise to find that the end padding had again reset to "None"

This happens on a daily basis so something is happening to reset the value, this does not happen to the start padding which is resting its value of 2 minutes.

Any ideas?

Do you have the boot-settings package installed? If so it is possible that a value set by that is overriding your changes whenever the HDR is re-booted.

Hi, thanks for the question but no I am afraid I do not have that package installed.
But if you did install that package you could ensure your desired value was set every time the humax rebooted.
It does nothing to explain why the value is being lost but works around the problem,

Are you using Padding for all recordings or only for certain channels (multimode package)?
May not be related but your version of the customized firmware is Very out of date - 3.13 has been out for many years now.

Yes for all recordings as I do not have the "Multimode package" installed.

I see in your signature that you appear to also be running 3.10 but a later build (2374).

I took a look at what is available but it is not clear which of the 3 listed is the latest :-

HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13k.zip- (28/04/2017)
HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_3.13k.zip - (28/04/2017)
HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_3.13k.zip - (28/04/2017)

Can I assume HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_3.13k.zip is the one I should use? If not what would you suggest?

I took a look at what is available but it is not clear which of the 3 listed is the latest :-

HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13k.zip- (28/04/2017)
HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_3.13k.zip - (28/04/2017)
HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_3.13k.zip - (28/04/2017)

Can I assume HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_3.13k.zip is the one I should use? If not what would you suggest?
The latest download version for the one you have at the moment is HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13.zip
That is probably also the one that most are using.
The easy download page is currently https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads2

Drat, the link gives a 404 error :-(
If you're looking for the latest Custom Firmware for the HDR, try the first one - Custom firmware ( i.e. not the one with Stock Kernel which has the letter k).
So, the file name and SHA1 with -
HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13.zip - (28/04/2017)
(SHA1: 5642e71ae00b765270e96d28ca4d57726ad780b0)

Last edited:
Sorry guys I had this forum open on two machines, looks like the edits I made did not show up.

Yes you are right I downloaded and installed the custom FW with the stock Kernel before I saw the post saying not to do that.

I now have the correct FW and will load later after my Humax has finished recording for the night. I will also load the System Flush as advised first.

Thanks for all your help!

Right I have now done a system flush and loaded HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13.zip - (28/04/2017) successfully.

Now will wait until tomorrow to see if the recording end pad stays at 2 minutes. I have not reloaded any of the packages that I had loaded or set any options on them, I understand that a system flush may reset package values.

I did not have time to see if all the packages were all still installed, I will do that later today.

I did not have time to see if all the packages were all still installed, I will do that later today.
While they may appear to be installed the and the HDD components will be present the flash memory portions of some packages will have been cleared by the system flush.

I would suggest running the fix-flash-packages disagnostic from the Diag menu or command line (diag fix-flash-packages)

While they may appear to be installed the and the HDD components will be present the flash memory portions of some packages will have been cleared by the system flush.

I would suggest running the fix-flash-packages disagnostic from the Diag menu or command line (diag fix-flash-packages)
Done, thanks for the advice.

Back