recording failed - can't track signal.

socrates

I sort of know the answer to this one but help me understand.

A couple of recordings failed on ITV3. I know I have to do a manual retune because I receive stations from two transmitters - I will get round to it, I promise. But the ITV3 station I use is in the normal range and has by far the better signal strength and quality ( 75%/100% ). The one in the 800 range is around 30%/50%.

So why would the HDR get confused? Quite a few other stations are duplicated but seem to behave OK.

This is typical of Accurate Recording. The flags have not been transmitted within the time window that the Humax is looking for them. If you get a lot of this change to Auto-Padding, or use the custom firmware to select Auto-Padding specifically for ITV3.

Standing orders apply - no services on 800+ please!

For notes see HERE (click).

This is typical of Accurate Recording

I'm not sure that's the case. I have set Padding on in the HDR settings menu and though I have installed the CF I haven't set any channel specific AR/Padding preferences. So shouldn't the Padding settings apply as default?

As I said I will manual retune but it's a bit of a pain. With my old PVR I could just autotune then use favourites to select the best channels regardless of transmitter. Some channels were not receivable on one or other transmitter. Also I could get different regional variants on some channels.

But still, more gains than losses. Really impressed with remote scheduling - went away to Cornwall for weekend and noticed something I would have liked to record. Tried RS for first time and lo - got home next day and there it was. ( not on ITV3! )

Back