Recording Failed Due To Loss Of Power

Old Blue

I've had 4 random instances of this error message in the last week, but I haven't suffered any power cuts.

The recordings show as an incorrect length, but when I've played them they've all turned out to be be complete and playable. Also there are some corresponding files stored at the same time that I don't recognise (eg /media/My Video/Fargo/Invalid_HMT_file,__media_My_Video_Fargo_.hmt )

So, is this cause for concern and is there anything I can / should do about it?

The rest of my recordings have been fine.

Cheers

I've had 4 random instances of this error message in the last week, but I haven't suffered any power cuts.

The recordings show as an incorrect length, but when I've played them they've all turned out to be be complete and playable. Also there are some corresponding files stored at the same time that I don't recognise (eg /media/My Video/Fargo/Invalid_HMT_file,__media_My_Video_Fargo_.hmt )

So, is this cause for concern and is there anything I can / should do about it?

The rest of my recordings have been fine.

Cheers

I've twice had something similar, except it says that the recording failed for "Loss of Signal". Both times, the file played perfectly.

I can confirm that the salvageable files in the issue I reported on the above link state that they failed during a power loss the first time they were played.

I think the auto process is trying to do more than one operation at the same time.

Old Blue: do you have sweeper running as well?

You may find that the on-screen media view reports more files under the folder than are contained within. I had to delete the the folder or use samba to tidy them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FWIW, I've had recently few of these with a bog standard Humax since upgrading (if that's the word) to 1.03.12. Before upgrading, I had one occurrence in 3 years. Now, I've had 4 or 5 in the last couple of months. Nothing else has changed and, as the OP said, the files play normally. Doesn't feel like a coincidence, though :-(

I only ask because of the timing of the GUI version of Sweeper.

Af123 has now fixed the problem, but you may still have some tidying up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back