Recording Failed: Loss of Power

Andybrody

Hi all,
I'm getting a lot of this message when trying to play recordings that I have made when I want to record the end of a program that I have started to watch and need to go out. I think scheduled recordings are all ok but yet not been able to confirm. I believe it only happens when trying to record by pushing the record button twice during a program and the switching to standby by the remote.
Any one any ideas, buy the way I not losing power as it states.
Not sure if there is anything I can check in the logs.
Thanks for looking
Andy
Web interface version: 1.0.15-2 (Lighttpd)
Custom firmware version: 2.21 (build 1897)
Humax Version: 1.02.32 (kernel HDR_1.02.32

Thanks Black hole I looked at the thread 5160.

On further investigation I have checked the duplicates file in my video the file appears at first glance to be empty but when looking inside there are 17 files al looking very similar e.g. :-
media /My Video /_duplicates (72.0KiB)
[parent directory]
Invalid_HMT_file,__media_My_Video_Invali.hmt (2.02 KiB)
Invalid_HMT_file,__media_My_Video_Invali~.hmt (2.02 KiB)
Invalid_HMT_file,__media_My_Video_Invali~~.hmt (2.02 KiB)
Invalid_HMT_file,__media_My_Video_Invali~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.hmt (2.02 KiB)
Invalid_HMT_file,__media_My_Video_Invali~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.hmt (2.02 KiB)
Select all | none Directories: 0, Files: 17
Currently sorting by name |Sort by date

If I click one them I get this info :-
File /media/My Video/_duplicates/Invalid_HMT_file,__media_My_Video_Invali~~~~~~~~~~.hmt
Size 2.02 KiB
Info libpostproc 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100 /media/My Video/_duplicates/Invalid_HMT_file,__media_My_Video_Invali~~~~~~~~~~.hmt: Invalid data found when processing input
Not sure if this is relevant hope someone can point me in the right direction
Cheers Andy
PS the recordings only last for as long as the file says it does eg one/two/three/nine minute the do not play completely as someone else reported.

Admin Edit: Image code tags have been removed because there are no images uploaded.

This problem is now fixed in webif 1.0.15-2

The loss of power message is the Humax's best guess at what caused the files to become corrupt. It was in fact the auto dedup process working on files while in use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Webif 1.0.15-2 installed as I have auto update always running,
do I need to do anything else?
e.g. delete any files / run a diagnostic
or will it sort itself out?
Cheers Andy

I found that there was a lot of debris associated with this issue. You will probably find that the folders (when viewed onscreen) report more recordings than you can see.

I think there are really only two ways to get rid of the files not visible onscreen: either delete the folders concerned (having first copied or moved the intact files), or go in via Samba and manually delete the files. I used a combination of both methods. It should only be problem in folders set to auto dedup, which at least limits the problem.

I am sure there is some techy solution, but these were within my capabilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think there are really only two ways to get rid of the files not visible onscreen: either delete the folders concerned (having first copied or moved the intact files), or go in via Samba and manually delete the files.
Or by FTP, or via a Telnet command line.

Back