Recording failed ?

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
I was away last week and on checking today I find the last episode of Grand Designs: The Street is not in the library.
The activity log shows the Humax started up but does not show that the program was recorded:
The schedule shows it has recorded (or is it just showing that the time has passed?):

This is the first time something like this has happened. Any chance it could be the upgraded packages ?
All other recordings both before and after this are fine.
Is there anything else I can check ?

"upgraded packages"... which are you referring to?

For what it is worth; I successfully recorded it on Channel 4+1 HD and should have all the latest packages & betas (at the time of the recording), including those that fix the 1 hour time offset problems.

For what it is worth; I successfully recorded it on Channel 4+1 HD and should have all the latest packages & betas (at the time of the recording), including those that fix the 1 hour time offset problems.
AFAIK the problems were all related to the webif display of schedules events - the underlying events all occurred at the correct time

@peterworks is there failed recording hmt for the missing recording? What is the stated failure reason?

Shirley event 2733 2734 was the wake-up in preparation for that recording?

Last edited:
Could try a system flush. Many years ago I found AR unreliable when other people here seemed not to be having the same problem, and we even caught one HDR record the same programme from the same transmitter when mine didn't. Then I had the random install wizard and everything was OK after that.

is there failed recording hmt for the missing recording? What is the stated failure reason?
I haven't been able to find a hmt and there is no sign that I can see of the failure.
@MikeSh - the Humax has, as far as I can recall, always woken up approx 5 minutes before the recording time.
For info I have never used AR and have set the start padding to 2 minutes.

Careful Trev: there are AR, auto-padding, and manual timer recordings.

I don't know about manual timer, but certainly auto-padding is still reactive to late changes in the EPG so wakes up soon enough to pick them up.

Bit of a mystery why there is no failed recording entry, but IIRC I used to get that too (for AR).

Everybody else's are 15, so I suspect yours is too.
Ah - am I getting confused with when the ring changes to blue ? (unfortunately not too difficult recently !)

Re crashes:
Crash log: Last crash 12:17 on 19th April

The Redring log looks 'inconsistent' for the time I am talking about:
2642 [RR] Fri May 10 04:00:00 2019: Persistent log starting, v2.20 (this is a scheduled time of 1 hour for decrypting, etc.)
2641 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2640 [RR] Thu May 9 22:10:00 2019: Standby ring dim detected.
2639 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2638 [RR] Thu May 9 22:10:00 2019: Persistent log starting, v2.20
2637 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2636 [RR] Thu May 9 12:30:04 2019: Standby ring dim detected.
2635 [RR] Thu May 9 12:30:03 2019: Changing to dim blue. (this is a scheduled time of 10 minutes to catch any late requests for recordings)

There is no entry to show the recording but there is a Persistent log starting at the time the recording should have finished...

and, no, I do not have a mechanical timer. I tend to monitor via RS when I am away and, if there are any problems, I have a neighbour who can do what might be necessary.

Re an orphaned hmt file, would RS not alert me if it found one ?

It should, but it would also show up as a failed recording on the Media menu.

If your box crashed, it would stay crashed until a power cycle - so you would know about it (unless you have a power interruption, due to a power cut or a deliberate timer interruption).

The crash log does not necessarily log all crashes, it depends where (in the code) the crash occurred and what kind of crash it was. If all processing stops, the process which writes the crash log is also stopped!

Back