Recording fails, Sun 14 Oct 2018

MikeSh

I discovered late last night that my scheduled (series, AR) recordings of both Doctor Who (BBC 1) and No Activity (BBC 2, later) didn't happen. No files or anything in the media and the reservations were still in the schedule.
One fail on one channel I'd just think 'glitch' but this seemed odder. Did anyone else have problems with recordings last night?

After checking the above I set it back to standby and it got stuck - half awake state I guess. I used webif to tell it to do a reboot and after that it went into standby properly. If it wasn't a broadcast issue I guess this may have had something to do with the failures, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the half awake state before I woke it up to check the recordings.

All my recordings including Dr Who (BTYouview) and No Activity (Digitalstream) recorded successfully yesterday. Maybe localised to your transmitter?

Thanks guys. I looks like it was probably just the box got itself messed up.
I've had one of two recordings a year just not happen like this, but this was unusual in being two at different times on different channels - though both BBC HD - which made me wonder. Fortunately Dr Who is on iPlayer and I've set the box to catch the repeats of No Activity later in the week.

Back