Recording Failures

marsha11

The most recent episodes of The Durrells and Marcella have failed to record. ITV have changed the name of these from New_ <programme name> to New: <programme name>. The log file for the previous successful recording of The Durrells on 1st May shows "Recorded: New_ The Durrells/New: The Durrells" (and the same for Marcella) which should have scheduled the next episode with the correct name. Although the recording failed, there is an entry in the Schedule showing "New: The Durrells --- -- --- ---- --:-- (Last: Sun 08 May 2016 20:00)" so it should have recorded on 8th March.

Has anyone else experienced this? My CF is 3.02

For what it is worth, I had The Durrells scheduled on ITV HD using series record and it recorded OK.
I think that the New_ is just the way the New: is handled to obtain a valid filename on the T2. My log doesn't have the New_ prefix, presumably because the newk package has handled it.

We didn't record Marcella but the Durrells series recorded to the end without failure or need to intercede. I didn't even notice any name change, though TBH it's SWMBO's series which I didn't watch.

It looks as though the problem was caused by some of my scheduled recording being deleted from the schedule. In addition to the above, there were a couple of other programmes that had 'disappeared' from the schedule. Not all scheduled recordings had disappeared though. I've got disable-dso installed, so I'm clueless as to how this has happened!

disable-dso isn't guaranteed 100% effective, but if a retune had cause your problem you would have lost all your schedule.

Have you had on screen recording conflict messages in the past for the missing series due to overruns of other recordings?

If you select OK it will remove the series from the schedules whilst Cancel will leave the schedule in place

Did you by any chance have a manual or RS reboot just before the missing programmes were due to record?

I reported at https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/webif-web-interface-1-3-x.7116/#post-96683 an issue where upcoming recordings disappeared from the schedule on a manual Webif reboot. Nobody else has reported this, or picked up on my post, but I watched it happen just as reported.

I assume that an RS scheduling reboot when the box wakes up to record is the same trigger event that I observed. I am no longer scheduling reboots in RS, just in case.

(Sorry, I don't know how to link to a particular post)

Edited to insert link under Trev's guidance

Last edited:
Even better, you click on the post number at the bottom right - but there's no need to actually open the link, just right-click (or on a tablet tap and hold), then "copy" the URL.

Have you had on screen recording conflict messages in the past for the missing series due to overruns of other recordings?
No, one failure followed a successful recording on the same channel

Did you by any chance have a manual or RS reboot just before the missing programmes were due to record?
Although I do use the RS reboot, there were other recordings before the failed one which should have failed if this was the case.

I have been using the WebIf most days since these recording failures, but today I received some hardware warnings:
Disk pending sector count is: 1
Disk offline sector count is: 1

Following the instructions in the excellent wiki the faulty sector will now be ignored. I suspect this may have been the cause of my recording failures.

Back