Recording from a recording

Thanks for info on the i button - and no I don't know how to suck eggs. But with your help I can learn :)

Also I will try to report bugs.

Wow you people are so helpful :cool:

When watching live with the i bar showing it is possible to navigate channels and/or programmes by using the arrow keys. It does not affect the current programme apart from obscuring the lower part of the screen, but having found something you would like to record, pressing OK brings up the options to record, remind etc.
Cor! I didn't know that (just tried it to check it works on the HDR-FOX), but then I don't spend much time browsing live telly. I'll give you a "Like" for that.

Do you mean record the programme you are currently watching timeshifted (or, indeed, watching live but only realise you want to record after it has started)?

If you press the record button you will get a recording set from where you are until the end of the programme. If you want to record the whole programme you must rewind through the timeshift buffer to start watching from the beginning again, and then press record.

You HDR owners are lucky - all I get when I rewind my HD timeshift buffer and press the record button is a message stating -

'TSR will stop and the recording will start from the current broadcasting point'

Is there a technical reason why the facility isn't available on HD or would I get it if I installed HDR emulating firmware on my box?

It's happening on mine now. :( I'm sure it has worked OK in the past. What am I doing differently?
I will read the .PDF Manual

Is there a technical reason why the facility isn't available on HD or would I get it if I installed HDR emulating firmware on my box?
I don't know why the HD- won't do it, but if it did and doesn't now you might consider going back to a previous firmware release.

Regretably the HDR emulation is only useful for decrypting recordings, it does not function with the HD-FOX front-end hardware.

Ah! I think I have got it :)
Rewind to some point where you want to start recording, press Play then Record. You can only go back 2 hours.

Edit: It seemed to work, but it doesn't again now. :(

Taken from the HDR-FOX T2 manual:

Pressing Record on a currently recording channel gives the option to set the Recording Duration.
No mention in the HD manual.

Back