Recording problem?

Downsman

Now here’s a strange thing. Whilst recording a programme on channel 107 (BBC 4) in “standby” mode, I bring the Foxsat back to life & then seek another programme via the Guide, result “bad or no signal” message.

However by trying other channels eventually I find that I can listen to channel 706 (BBC 5 SX) whilst the recording continues.

When recording has finished, all channels become available via the Guide.

Is this normal?

It's not normal. You may be missing a tuner.

Try this to check

Tune to BBC-HD start an instant recording. Tune to BBC1-HD start a second instant recording. Now tune to any other channel and press pause, if you can pause live Tv you have two tuners. If this fails post again for some suggestions.

It's not normal. You may be missing a tuner.

Try this to check

Tune to BBC-HD start an instant recording. Tune to BBC1-HD start a second instant recording. Now tune to any other channel and press pause, if you can pause live Tv you have two tuners. If this fails post again for some suggestions.
Graham, I have started 2 instant recordings as you suggest, but now cannot tune to other channels.

There are a number of possibilities. I am assuming you have two lnb connections.

One of the two tuners has lost it's signal source, most likely reason is that there's a faulty connection somewhere. Check the connections on the rear of the box and make sure that they are on the outer sockets. Check that water hasn't got into the coax cabling.

Check Menu/System/Diagnostics gives you signal strength and quality for both tuners (You might like to post these as your dish may need alignment tweaking). Tune to Channel 999 and use Diagnostics to check signal strength and quality again. This is the Freesat home transponder where the guide comes from with no access you most likely need the dish/lnb alignment checking as it's from Eutelsat 28A at 28.5E rather than most of the programmes from Astra 2 at 28.2E. (You can access the cached epg which also gets refreshed by data sent along with the programming by pressing SCHEDULE followed by RED)

The box is setup in single cable mode.

Enter the setup menu and press RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE GREEN YELLOW BLUE which should open a hidden menu.
Check Antenna Setting is Fixed Antenna and Connection Type is Two Cables (Same). If the above are all OK you can change these or simply do a factory reset to set the box to two cable working.

Many thanks for your help Graham. This quickly led me to check the dual cable, one strand of which required tightening. I cannot imagine how it became loose.

Back