Recording programme that I'm watching

jjwfrance

I'm fairly new to this, but the only problem I have seems to be when I want to record a programme that I've started watching.
In my 'quick start' booklet it just says press 'record'. Well, on the remote control (Humax RM-F01) I see what I presume is a record button, it just has the little arrow pointing right. But when I press it all that happens is that I get a sort of stream line along the bottom of the screen, it says live, and shows where we are in the programme along the line. I can pause it. But I can't record it.
I'm hoping there's some blindingly obvious answer out there - please?

I don't have a Foxsat recorder, but I would suggest that the record button on the RM-F01 is the one with the red dot here :-

F01-record.jpg

Hi - yep, quite right!! So off I went to try it, feeling a bit silly for getting the wrong button. :rolleyes:
It didn't work - at first. So I fiddled a bit and in the end what happened was I pressed the PVR button (I don't know why, it just seemed a good idea), then I pressed the Red record button again - and bingo! It started recording. After a couple of minutes I cancelled that one and tried again - didn't work at first, but eventually it did... maybe I just have a dodgy button on the remote. But thanks - such a quick reply.

These are standard symbols: triangle pointing right = play, double vertical bar = pause, square = stop, double right triangle = fast forward, double left triangle = rewind, ditto with bar = skip.

And if you don't have the PVR button selected, it won't work the Hummy at all.

These are standard symbols: triangle pointing right = play, double vertical bar = pause, square = stop, double right triangle = fast forward, double left triangle = rewind, ditto with bar = skip.

If only my wife could remember that when I ask her to pause something. Or skip over the adverts. She used VCRs in her work too, for years, also cassette recorders.

PS I was helping a music prof. the other day and he was using his Macbook. He ejected his CDs by dragging the disk to the waste bin. I pointed out the "Eject" button, top right of his keyboard!

Here they are, guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_controls

Funnily enough, I don't think they made it into Unicode.

Back