• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

recording schedule lost on re-scan

Guys,

I've had this box for a while and I have a number of niggles, the biggest being that the recording schedule is lost anytime I perform a rescan. I know that the channel list isn't being updated overnight. I am leaving the box in standby. Should I leave it on to get the channel list updated?

Would it be possible to describe where you can do this? I have looked around both the RS website and the web interface but cannot see any option to backup or a package to install to backup the schedule!

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Would it be possible to describe where you can do this? I have looked around both the RS website and the web interface but cannot see any option to backup or a package to install to backup the schedule!
On the web interface, select Scheduled Events, go to the bottom of the page, and you should see a button labelled "Backup/Restore Scheduled Recordings/Events".

Hi Guys

I have just used this as my Panny DVD tells me when new channels are available (something I notice the Humax doesn't do?)

I tried this back-up and restore option on my Freeview HDR and I notice on the WebIF instructions that it advises to add a new schedule that you can then delete, but on mine my schedule was back all OK, so my question is: is it still necessary to add a new schedule, and if so, do you simply add a recording for exapmple, and then exit out of the guide and then delete straight away or wait?

The back-up and restore option is fantastic addition BTW!

af123

Administrator
Staff member
... it advises to add a new schedule that you can then delete, but on mine my schedule was back all OK, so my question is: is it still necessary to add a new schedule...?
No, that's no longer necessary. I will update the message and documentation to reflect that!