recording schedule lost on re-scan

InteraX

Guys,

I've had this box for a while and I have a number of niggles, the biggest being that the recording schedule is lost anytime I perform a rescan. I know that the channel list isn't being updated overnight. I am leaving the box in standby. Should I leave it on to get the channel list updated?

It does that, one of life's little annoyances that is cured by the custom software's backup and restore option.

Is it possible to backup the config file and restore this after the re-scan? Would this cancel out the channel info?

What I meant by that was is it possible to backup the config on the stock firmware via FTP or something and restore that.

What I meant by that was is it possible to backup the config on the stock firmware via FTP or something and restore that.
Yes, using the hidden menu, but it would restore your channel list too.

Would it be possible to describe where you can do this? I have looked around both the RS website and the web interface but cannot see any option to backup or a package to install to backup the schedule!

Would it be possible to describe where you can do this? I have looked around both the RS website and the web interface but cannot see any option to backup or a package to install to backup the schedule!
On the web interface, select Scheduled Events, go to the bottom of the page, and you should see a button labelled "Backup/Restore Scheduled Recordings/Events".

Hi Guys

I have just used this as my Panny DVD tells me when new channels are available (something I notice the Humax doesn't do?)

I tried this back-up and restore option on my Freeview HDR and I notice on the WebIF instructions that it advises to add a new schedule that you can then delete, but on mine my schedule was back all OK, so my question is: is it still necessary to add a new schedule, and if so, do you simply add a recording for exapmple, and then exit out of the guide and then delete straight away or wait?

The back-up and restore option is fantastic addition BTW!

... it advises to add a new schedule that you can then delete, but on mine my schedule was back all OK, so my question is: is it still necessary to add a new schedule...?

No, that's no longer necessary. I will update the message and documentation to reflect that!

Back