Recording two programmes at once (Humax 9300)

Newhuman

I hope this is a problem with a simple answer. I've just acquired a Humax 9300, which is supposed to be able to record two programmes simultaneously. However I can't find any instruction in the manual on how to do this. I've tried to record two programmes at once with the same start times on two different channels, but the display told me that they overlapped, which I knew already. Could anyone tell me how to access the second tuner please? The manual seems to tell you everything except how to make toast, but omits one of the machine's main selling features. Perhaps it's just me. Due to my technical ineptitude, I got lost on your website, and so this message may well pop up in several other places!

I've just acquired a Humax 9300, which is supposed to be able to record two programmes simultaneously. However I can't find any instruction in the manual on how to do this. I've tried to record two programmes at once with the same start times on two different channels, but the display told me that they overlapped, which I knew already. Could anyone tell me how to access the second tuner please?
There are no instructions because it should just work. Are you absolutely sure there are no other recordings scheduled? Is this a new machine or second hand?

There are no instructions because it should just work. Are you absolutely sure there are no other recordings scheduled? Is this a new machine or second hand?
Many thanks, Martin Liddle, for you very prompt reply. I tried again on your suggestion, and it worked. Earlier, I had tried to record a programme and thought I had failed. This was one of the two programmes that I subsequently tried to record together. I can only assume that I had succeeded the first time, and that the machine thought that I was trying to record three programmes simultaneously. What a good thing that I bought my Humax now. By April, when my area goes digital, even I ought to have learnt how to work it!

Back