Recording Un-Encrypted HD

Foxsat-HDR

Hi.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a guide on how to record BBC1 HD without encryption or even confirm if this is possible? I want to copy the files to my NAS so that I can play them on any of my DLNA capable TVs.

So far I've installed the custom firmware and channel editor but I'm confused as to whether I should be running in non-freesat or freesat mode.

Am I correct in thinking that in non-freesat mode I will only get now and next information so won't be able to record programs with series link?

I'm also unsure of what setting to apply to each channel in the channel editor when in non-freesat mode.

Thanks for your help.

Q1. Have a read of this thread and its references to AV Forums. It's all there and can be done

Q2. Depends on whether you want to access non Freesat listed channels or a different satellite group

So there is! But the OP was asking here and I was looking in the loooooong thread on the other site:(

Hi Trev. Yep found it eventually. I kept getting sidetracked by other interesting modifications!
Thanks both for your help.

Hi
sorry, noob question!
I have nowsters patch but how do I install it.

I have telnet installed in the cf but have not used telnet before so would appreciate a step by step guide

Thanks

Have a read of THIS wiki article about Telnet, and you should be a bit wiser.

Most of the FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware information is to be found on AV Forums.

Hi
thanks for that, cheers, it worked a treat

..but how do I use telnet in the custom firmware?
is there a guide for noobs how to setup and use these CF packages like samba, tinyftp, mediatomb etc

At it's simplest from a command prompt Telnet IPAddress ( whatever address your box has). To load the packages is very simple you simply choose to install them from the package management page.

Have a read of THIS wiki article about Telnet, and you should be a bit wiser.

Most of the FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware information is to be found on AV Forums.

Thats brilliant for telnet, many thanks

are there any similar guides for the other packages installed with the CF that you know of?

At it's simplest from a command prompt Telnet IPAddress ( whatever address your box has). To load the packages is very simple you simply choose to install them from the package management page.
Hi
I understand how to load and install the packages, its a description of what they do and how to operate them that I'm after

A dummies guide so to speak

Thanks

edit: Ive read raydons txt file that came with the cf which has helped a little

Hi
I understand how to load and install the packages, its a description of what they do and how to operate them that I'm after

A dummies guide so to speak

Thanks

edit: Ive read raydons txt file that came with the cf which has helped a little

Look at the documentation page in the webif. Check you have the latest web-if (1.02) first by updating the package list from the internet and the upgrade tab.

Open the applications and plug-ins tab and expand custom firmware applications.

Back