Recordings ending a minute early.

A couple of my BBC TWO HD recordings have ended a minute or two early.

The clock is 30 seconds ahead of the clock on the BBC Red Button channel.

There was no following recording on last night's failure.

I had a look through the settings on the Humax and nothing obviously relevant jumped out.

Any suggestions?

A couple of my BBC TWO HD recordings have ended a minute or two early.

The clock is 30 seconds ahead of the clock on the BBC Red Button channel.

There was no following recording on last night's failure.

I had a look through the settings on the Humax and nothing obviously relevant jumped out.

Any suggestions?

Similar being reported on My Humax. Would appear to a bbc issue with the accurate recording signals

The clock on the Humax being 30 seconds ahead may have made matters worse. The Humax software seems very reluctant to update the clock under conditions when it clearly should. You can fix that by installing the NTP custom firmware package, I have it on all my boxes.

I did some investigation on that a long time ago, it's documented on here somewhere. IIRC the clock is only synced if it gets a minute out. However, the clock time is only relevant for auto-padding recordings (not AR).

I did some investigation on that a long time ago, it's documented on here somewhere. IIRC the clock is only synced if it gets a minute out. However, the clock time is only relevant for auto-padding recordings (not AR).

It's still ridiculous that the Humax software allows the clock to be up to 59 seconds out. There is no benefit to that given the time on Freeview is much more accurate than that. Hence I use NTP.

Back