Recordings not happening...

Gerry

Hi,
With me living in N.Ireland I can receive all RTÉ Channels.These channels start on 800 to 810 etc...
When I,m veiwing these channels there is no information on the TV Guide,only the channels slected(800/810)..I have to change channels to BBC etc...to view and to carry out program recordings.
This situation is not good..for when I even hit record to record any channels 800+ the box doesn,t see these and no recordings take place.
Is there any way around this...as it,s driving me mad.
When I,m viewing RTÉ their programmes can been seen on the Guide...all others are not...Vise-versa when viewing BBC etc..No RTÉ programmes are on the guide.
This has happened a few times with failed recordings..even when watching the same channel(RTÉ1) and hitting the record button.
Many Thanks..

I'm not very familiar with the HDR receiving from two TV regions on the same box, but I would have thought that 800 numbering indicates that the Humax has detected duplicated channels, are the 800+ channels also present on the Humax under another channel number? e.g. BBC1 =channel 801 and BBC1=channel 1, if so I would try to use the non 800+ version and to be on the safe side delete the 800+ duplicate channels

I'm not very familiar with the HDR receiving from two TV regions on the same box, but I would have thought that 800 numbering indicates that the Humax has detected duplicated channels, are the 800+ channels also present on the Humax under another channel number?
No he is receiving Freeview and RTE channels. Over on MyHumax.org I have suggested he reads this thread and in particular the posts by user Border

I'm not very familiar with the HDR receiving from two TV regions on the same box, but I would have thought that 800 numbering indicates that the Humax has detected duplicated channels, are the 800+ channels also present on the Humax under another channel number? e.g. BBC1 =channel 801 and BBC1=channel 1, if so I would try to use the non 800+ version and to be on the safe side delete the 800+ duplicate channels

After I updated the firmware to 1.02.32 (from 1.02.29) I lost the duplicate channels..these were all BBC Channels..(819 to 825).As I,ve stated there is only one TV region showing when I carry out a re-tune.
Many Thanks..

Hi Martin,
I have read the members, post on this issue and I don,t think he has a fix.He seems to be testing with two machines which I don,t have.To me, there is no fix for this as there is only one region showing...:(

Cheers.

I'm not sure Border has two machines... but there is a substantial problem with trying to get the HDR-FOX to cooperate with two different national broadcast systems (as I have well documented there are work-arounds for two regions within one national system).

Two boxes are undoubtedly the easiest way to deal with it, and a refurbished unit with one-year warranty can be had for £145 delivered (that might be £151 in Ireland). You might also find one in Argos masquerading as a HDR-2000T.

Back