Recordings not playing back and can't rewind live buffer

In the last day none of my recordings have been playable - when I play them back the screen goes dark for a few seconds, then I'm bounced back to the media list. I also can't rewind the live buffer - when I press rewind button it just keeps skipping back to the live broadcast.
Older recordings (e.g. from yesterday) play back fine.
I've just hard power cycled the box and live buffer seems to be rewindable again.
Has anyone else had this?

That doesn't correlate. An undecryptable recording displays a "scrambled" message (not just a black screen), and TSR works even with a corrupt key. New recordings should play, not old ones.

if a cold start sorted it, fine, but the actual cause is a mystery.

OK, perhaps the zero length recording bug then. Had an instance of this on Wed.
Everything appears to work, but all the .ts files are 0 bytes.

OK, perhaps the zero length recording bug then. Had an instance of this on Wed.
Everything appears to work, but all the .ts files are 0 bytes.
I also had a spate of failed recordings on Wednesday
Code:
        /Tipping Point/Tipping Point_20200520_1600
        /Tenable/Tenable_20200520_1500
        /BBC News/South Today_20200520_1830
        /The Chase/The Chase_20200520_1700
        /Eggheads/Eggheads_20200520_1330
        /Countdown/Countdown_20200520_1410
(Yes we do watch a lot of quiz shows)
I wonder if the transmitter was having a glitch, the next day the Tenable recording overran by quite a bit but then Tipping point started recording without human intervention

A different box stopped updating its on-disk (and therefore WebIf) EPG on Wed. at about 02:00. The usual changing channels malarkey wouldn't persuade it to do so, so had to reboot it. A third box was OK.

In the last day none of my recordings have been playable - when I play them back the screen goes dark for a few seconds, then I'm bounced back to the media list. I also can't rewind the live buffer - when I press rewind button it just keeps skipping back to the live broadcast.
Older recordings (e.g. from yesterday) play back fine.
I've just hard power cycled the box and live buffer seems to be rewindable again.
Has anyone else had this?

I think I saw this once and the live buffer partition of the HDD was read only. I can't remember if fix disc in maintenance mode cured it or deleting the TSR cured it. The maintenance mode to cure a 'fixed deleting loop' was the reason I found this site, and it saved me binning a relatively new HDR.....

cure a 'fixed deleting loop' was the reason I found this site, and it saved me binning a relatively new HDR.....
Seems a bit extreme when you could have just formatted the disk from the on-screen menus.

Back