Recordings Playlist

Dishon

On my previous Humax Freeview box I could setup a playlist of recordings to run consecutively. I can't see a similar feature on this box. Do any new Humax boxes have this feature or has it been dropped?

I stand corrected, I did have a look thought the manual as it it isn't something I had ever done, but drew a blank, is it in the Manual?

Ah, found it, I was searching for 'Play List', That's a first for me, I was expecting to be able to pick the order in which multiple items were played (e.g. the same order that they were 'ticked' in), but couldn't persuade it change :(

About the only use I can think of is the capability to create a list of recordings to play back in a specific order. Which may be handy on a pvr without the capability to export recordings. This allows a selection of recordings to be exported unattended to a DVDR. Could for instance be handy on a Sky box (and a freetime box). I guess such a feature could be set up using the CF on HDR FOX T2, but not really worth it, in my opinion. If the recordings are correctly ordered for a particular series then it could also be handy without a way of selecting a specific order. One big fly in the ointment is that a freetime box has no way to sort recordings in a folder, and is inconsistent in order where the programme has an episode number to when it does not. It's even worse when there's a mixture or the broadcaster resets the episode number mid series.

To answer the OP, there is no way I know of creating a playback list on a freetime pvr.

I used it for running the kids TV programmes. A lot off them are quite short so I now spend my time loading up another 7 minute programme. To be able to run the three or four together was quite useful.

Sorry I should mention I have a HDR1000S recorder. It doesn't look as if it does it. I know Humax used to be amenable to suggestions but I don't know if that's still the case.

I know Humax used to be amenable to suggestions but I don't know if that's still the case.
Really? Getting glaring bugs fixed has been like pulling teeth, and even then nothing was ever acknowledged.

The only solution I can think of for you is to edit a number of shows together into a long file and play that.

Really? Getting glaring bugs fixed has been like pulling teeth, and even then nothing was ever acknowledged.
In the days of the 9200 Hunax were good at acknowledging bugs and fixing them (although not as quickly as some people would have liked) and vastly improving the software over the supported life of the box. I agree that sadly now things are nothing like as good and there is no longer a pathway for information to trickle to and from the user community and Humax.

Two big problems,

1 you can't export the recordings from a freetime box. So no way to edit recordings other than re-recording to a device like a DVDR.

2 The UI is down to freesat, it's freesat you have to convince to make the change, not Humax.

Back