Recordings

Guess: make sure they are named so that they will sort alphabetically as you desire, then select sorting by alphabet instead of sorting by date.

When two recordings are together on my FVP 4000T the second is first , so how do you watch them in order
Open the folder containing the individual files, then rather than press "Play this episode" use left arrow button to move into file list and then up arrow to select the top file and press OK.

I know ... it's crazy, but easier than trying to rename all your recordings.
It was far simpler with the HDR-Fox, but must be some geek's idea of progress!

It is crazy but how can you tell if the folders open because it doesn't look like a folder
If you have recorded several episodes of a series when viewing the recordings "page" you should see the title of the series followed by a number in brackets - showing the number of episodes recorded.

You can open this as a "folder" and select the first instalment by scrolling across to the left side and then up to the top item.

ok, thanks, that's what I did. But I would've thought, to be honest, if you make several recordings of the same name programmes they would do a proper looking folder to open.

This is Humax you're talking about: masters of taking an almost-perfect product and throwing it out with the bath water. It's like they used a completely different design team and refused to give them access to existing product designs (or the new design team were too arrogant not to try re-inventing the wheel).

Alternatively, maybe they are buying the designs in.

ok, thanks, that's what I did. But I would've thought, to be honest, if you make several recordings of the same name programmes they would do a proper looking folder to open.
Humax have plenty of form for developing poorly written software, then taking years to fix it, else not fixing it at all. Apart from a couple of legacy boxes, I have virtually given up on them, enough is enough!

Back