Recover Delete Recording

nyuser2014

Hello I hope you can help me how to recover deleted tv recording I have 2TB SSD in my recorder only use around 100GB used so how I can recovered all recorded I accident deleted it please yes I have custom firmware installed if you know how to do that can tell me how please I will be happy

Thank You

Can you do easy English for me step to step how to do that please that would be really helpful and i not very good with technology

Just checked yes I had that installed but I went to deleted folder no longer here ?
That is strange. I don't have a running T2 to look at settings, so hopefully someone else will be able to help.
But in the meantime can you clarify if it's the recording(s) that are not in the deleted folder or the deleted folder itself that is gone?

Check WebIF >> Settings >> Settings for undelete package >> Dustbin name:

Whatever it says for "Dustbin name" (it can be configured by the user), there should be a folder of that name in My Video.

Any deletions made through the WebIF or using the Humax menus should go temporarily into the dustbin folder (or subfolder within), and deleted after a user-configurable time (7 days as standard).

If the folder does not exist, then the undelete package has not been installed properly. If the folder exists but does not contain content deleted in the last 7 days, then undelete is not running and deleted content has been lost (as would be standard without CF).

If you are sure undelete is installed but it is not running, try WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Run Diagnostic >> fix-flash-packges.

Can you do easy English
Not my problem.

I went to settings all been installed correct but any way how I can recover it as I always empty (Deleted Folder) any command line or any can ?

I always empty (Deleted Folder)
That's your problem right there.

The [Deleted Folder] (or anything else the user might have named it) auto-empties on a schedule configured in the Settings (default 7 days), and the schedule is accelerated automatically if the user is running out of disk space. You said:
I have 2TB SSD in my recorder only use around 100GB used
...ie 95% free space, so there was absolutely no need to go around manually emptying the recycle bin just for the sake of it.

The whole point of the recycle bin is so that "deleted" files are recoverable (for a short period), for example if it turns out you deleted something by accident. The recycle bin also has a side-benefit of making delete operations much faster.

how I can recover it
You can't. Learn from your mistake and move on. Let the recycle bin empty itself in future, although with 2TB to play with I recommend you adjust the Settings for undelete to keep files for longer and also kick in more aggressively with a bigger margin.

One wonders how a "not very good with technology" person, and who doesn't seem very clued up, gets a machine with a 2TB SSD in it in the first place.
Something doesn't add up.

I think it's pretty straightforward to delete all recordings on the drive by
Media/"select all" (green)/opt+/delete
When you're in the top directory.

It can potentially clear all recordings despite the settings for undelete. I think this is because the total size of the selected files will be greater than undelete settings. I try to mitigate that potential user error by locking 1 file in the important directories (eg top directory and others I wish to keep).

I haven't tried it recently, so be carefull.

Back