Recursive auto dedup

rpb424

Is it possible to enable this from the webif?

I have a 'Kids' folder under 'My Video' which sweeper is nicely populating with recordings, channeling each one into a matching named folder under 'Kids' (e.g. MI High, Dennis and Gnasher etc.). However there is inevitably a lot of duplication of recordings within these folders when I do a manual dedup on them from the webif. On any particular folder in the webif I only seem to be able to enable dedup for that folder itself rather than automatically recurse into all folders below it as well. Would it be possible to add this, both for existing subfolders of the nominated folder when initially enabled and also new ones subsequently created by sweeper?

In addition, can sweeper be configured to search the folder structure and automatically remove any _duplicates folders that dedup creates (or even otherwise empty folders for tidy-up purposes), or is another package more suitable for this?

It doesn't currently support recursive auto-dedup through the web interface. The reason for this is that, unlike the other functions, dedup isn't always appropriate. Really you should assess each series to check that it is suitable.

If you do want to enable it recursively on the entire Kids folder then you can by creating a file inside that folder called .autodedupr
If you set the folder to auto-dedup then that will create a file called .autodedup (i.e. without the trailing r that indicates recursion) - you could then rename it over FTP or from the command line.

From the command line, it would be:

Code:
humax# touch "/mod/My Video/Kids/.autodedupr"

In addition, can sweeper be configured to search the folder structure and automatically remove any _duplicates folders that dedup creates (or even otherwise empty folders for tidy-up purposes), or is another package more suitable for this?
Not currently, but I suspect it will gain functions that will allow for this.

Has something recently changed in dedup?

Renamed files used to have underscores instead of spaces. This leads to duplicate recordings in archives.

It could also be the broadcast data changed or the standard firmware causing this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does dedup have any preferences?
Does it prefer to keep bigger files or older one?
Is there any way to ensure it picks the older watched one to keep?

Thanks. Loving my Humax thanks to the custumer firmware. Everyone needs one. :)

Back