Recursive Auto-Shrink, Auto-Decrypt no longer working

It will already have added all of the backlog to the queue so the scan interval is now irrelevant
You should probably turn off Create backup files in dustbin for decrypt and shrink? while processing the backlog so that the disk doesn't fill up.
You may want to leave the box turned on overnight for a while to allow it to catchup, or hold the queue and release them in batches
Thanks,
I just checked and there was no space left so I've done what you suggested and then emptied the Dustbin using the normal Hummy Opt+ menu on the Media folders. I've put all the other items on Hold but there is one task that appears to be stuck but Running. Will a reboot end this gracefully?

Hmmm, the reboot made no difference. Any other way to delete stuck running tasks?

Last edited:
I'll try that tonight when I'm back home - didn't setup port forwarding for telnet
I really would recommend that you don't run unencrypted protocols such as http and telnet over the internet. You should be using secure remote access for this e.g. VPN.
Success!!! I got someone at home to switch on my pc, remoted into that and then telneted into my Hummy, pasted the command and rebooted the Hummy
Good stuff. Although the reboot was unnecessary.
Looks like a candidate for a diag script?
I'm not the keeper of such things. In any case, it would be better if the WebIf detected errors like this and fixed them itself. @af123
Is there a systematic fault at work?
Interesting... makes my previous comment more relevant now that it's happened on more than one box. I wonder what the root cause is...
Did you reboot after installing webshell? I think it requires setup at boot time.
It does indeed.

I've put all the other items on Hold but there is one task that appears to be stuck but Running. Will a reboot end this gracefully?
How long did you leave it and how long is the recording? I doubt rebooting will do anything gracefully.
Hmmm, the reboot made no difference. Any other way to delete stuck running tasks?
Delete the queue database and reboot.

How long did you leave it and how long is the recording? I doubt rebooting will do anything gracefully.

Delete the queue database and reboot.
Thanks,
That sorted it :)

Well, nearly. The queue is now empty but the files that were on Hold have not been added or have they effectively been marked as being processed? I ran the
sqlite3 /mod/etc/webif.db "update settings set nval=(select strftime('%s','now')) where name='autolast';"
command again but it's made no difference this time......

Dohhh. I have processing disabled in the evening as Hummy is then less likely to crash.....

Last edited:
but there is one task that appears to be stuck but Running. Will a reboot end this gracefully?

The reboot should have ended it and left it ready for restart. But this may have required a scan cycle to occur and you have them inhibited in the evening so the clean up never occurred.
If the clean up had occured it would have been eligible for restart and so would still have appeared to be running but , with patience, have completed normally.

The reboot should have ended it and left it ready for restart. But this may have required a scan cycle to occur and you have them inhibited in the evening so the clean up never occurred.
If the clean up had occured it would have been eligible for restart and so would still have appeared to be running but , with patience, have completed normally.
Thank-you

Back