Red/pink ring misbehaving

mihaid

I knew that thet2 was rrecording 2 things and was surprised to see it was red. I checked the 2 recordings and both were showing in progress on the t2. Both recorded fine. What could have happened?

The standard software will display red for both a single and a double recording, this is altered by the redring custom firmware package, so it looks to me like redring is not currently running on your T2 correctly.

Try running webif >> diagnostics >> fix-flash-packages >> run diagnostic

Fix-flash-packages always carries out a forced re-install for the following packages :-
crashdiag, dbupdate, fan, ir, multienv, poweron-channel, redring, rsvsync, tmenu, undelete, webif, webshell

It may be worth checking the the redring >> settings screen still has the 'purple for dual recording' option enabled, if it is, you could try disabling it and then re-enabling it again

I get the following on both my T2's in that on completion of a recording (single). The ring remains red and the "REC" is light on the display. A brief power down and power up from the remote seems to reset it until the next recording. Has any one else seen this?

Are you using the new scheduling gizmo so you don't need to reboot? Apparently there is a suspicion that this has the undesirable side effect that you describe.

Are you using the new scheduling gizmo so you don't need to reboot? Apparently there is a suspicion that this has the undesirable side effect that you describe.

No. It occurs whether it is set from WebIF EPG with manual reboot or the hummy EPG. Still Running CF3.03. Waiting for 3.10 to be more stable before upgrading.

Funny Boy!

Reading through the posts related 3.10 shows it still seems to have a few bugs to be resolved including that suspicion mentioned in post #6 on this thread.

But your response does not indicate any answer as to the Redring issue.

But you don't have to use "the new scheduling gizmo so you don't need to reboot".
Does it actually stop recording when it is supposed to even though the indications are that the recordings are continuing?

But you don't have to use "the new scheduling gizmo so you don't need to reboot".
Does it actually stop recording when it is supposed to even though the indications are that the recordings are continuing?

Not worried about having to reboot manually when setting schedules from the WebIF EPG.
90% of the time though, I schedule from the Humax EPG and remote control. I personally find it quicker and easier to do it that way.

Yes the recordings start and stop as scheduled, but the display/Redring indications are showing that it is still recording, and quick power cycle from the remote
or front panel power button resets the display and ring back to normal

This is the same on both of my T2's which have CF3.03 and the Redring package installed.

Last edited:
Reading through the posts related 3.10 shows it still seems to have a few bugs to be resolved including that suspicion mentioned in post #6 on this thread.
I think if you wait for every package in the custom firmware to be declared free of all bugs you will wait for all eternity. The specific software referred to in #6 is a very recent development marked as beta and has to be specifically enabled by the user.

Enable redring debugging (though the settings screen) and restart the Humax.
Then monitor the redring.log file to see what it's doing when recordings end.

Back