Redring has suddenly stopped working!

hairy_mutley

Not sure why, but last night I noticed that redring had stopped working (back to default colours and display behaviour). Redring's log showed that it was working until early yesterday morning, and then no new entries. The box has been on and off several times in the 40+ hours since the last entry.
Had a look through the other logs, but nothing stands out as a problem.
Any suggestions as to where to start looking for a diagnosis?

Looks like undelete is odd as well. I just deleted a program... and it has gone, not in the recycle bin.
Although the recycle bin emptier ran OK last night.

Run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic. I guess the crash protection has disabled the plugins for some reason.
To prevent this:
Code:
humax# touch /var/lib/humaxtv/mod/no_plugin_autodisable

Posted while completely static.

Are you sure you haven't made any changes no matter how small?

My fan package has suddenly stopped working and the only the only notable thing I did was set an on and off timer. I've yet to investigate as I am on holiday - I only now the fan package has stopped working as I have remotely logged in and can see the data from the sysmon package.

Happened to me a while back not sure why.
I just uninstalled then reinstalled the rendering package and all was ok again

@prpr - Thanks, that was it. never can remember the name of that diagnostic. Although I don't know what might have triggered it. Is there any easy way of seeing that it has been triggered, although if I run that touch, it won't matter anyway.

@G4DDS - Actually, no, I can't think of anything that I have changed. So still guessing at the cause. But at least it seems to be fixed now.

@kevindickinson - Had tried reinstalling redring, but not uninstalling and re-installing. Given the problem with delete as well, it may not have been redring that was the source of the problem anyway.

Back