Regular Auto Update on HDR-2000T

daddybear

Good Morning All

First post on this Forum so hope I explain myself properly.

Had a PVR-9300 for 4 years and recently changed to HDR-2000T.

On the 9300 I could change the 'Search' time setting for Regular Auto Update - I think the default was 2.00am, but I had mine set to 4.00am - in order to miss a more likely recording period.

Is this facility available on the 2000T ? I can't find it in the Installation menu (or anywhere else for that matter).

I only ask because I have recently had two overnight recordings failed (incomplete) and I am wondering if an update search overnight has interfered with them.

Programmes were:- 1) Spike FV 31 - 2.00am - 3.00am

2)Ch 4 HD FV 104 - 1.06am - 3.05am

I suppose it could be coincidence, but no other recordings have failed so far.

Grateful for any suggestions

Regards

Roy

If it's the same as the more recent HDR-FOX, the answer is no. The HDR-FOX wakes up at 4.30am to check for OTA updates (and we generally like to take measure to prevent that, avoiding enforced alterations until we are sure what effect they will have).

If it's the same as the more recent HDR-FOX, the answer is no. The HDR-FOX wakes up at 4.30am to check for OTA updates (and we generally like to take measure to prevent that, avoiding enforced alterations until we are sure what effect they will have).

Thanks for the reply.

How do you "take measure to prevent that........." and do you know if it would work with a 2000T ?

I only ask because I have recently had two overnight recordings failed (incomplete) and I am wondering if an update search overnight has interfered with them
The 'Search' won't interfere with a recording because a check is made to see if the unit is idle before a search is allowed to start, searches for updates are prevented by making sure the unit is never idle at search time, which is always 4:30am to 4:45am for the HDTfox T2

The 'Search' won't interfere with a recording because a check is made to see if the unit is idle before a search is allowed to start, searches for updates are prevented by making sure the unit is never idle at search time, which is always 4:30am to 4:45am for the HDTfox T2
Are you sure about this? My experience is different, if I am watching a recording at 4:30am, there is an on screen message about searching for new software. If this is not responded to within a few seconds, the box defaults to allow the search to proceed.

It isn't something that I have ever witnessed myself, I have always assumed that while the Humax was 'busy', that a search for OTAs was inhibited

On the 9300 I could change the 'Search' time setting for Regular Auto Update - I think the default was 2.00am, but I had mine set to 4.00am
The default on the 9300T is 4 a.m.

I suspect that my HDR-2000T download attempt time is also 4 a.m. as a reminder straddling 4:30 appeared to block it until the reminder was removed after a couple of nights, (I think it was on 1.01.10).

I only ask because I have recently had two overnight recordings failed (incomplete)
In what way were they incomplete? Beginning? End? A sizable chunk? A few seconds? An on screen message saying that the recording had failed?

I suspect that my HDR-2000T download attempt time is also 4 a.m. as a reminder straddling 4:30 appeared to block it until the reminder was removed after a couple of nights, (I think it was on 1.01.10).

In what way were they incomplete? Beginning? End? A sizable chunk? A few seconds? An on screen message saying that the recording had failed?

Both had on-screen messages to say the recording had failed.

The Spike programme (cop series) started at the beginning and stopped at about 46 mins - scheduled for 1 hour total.

The Ch 4 programme (film) started and finished normally - I hadn't realised this until after I had done the first post and then investigated further after researching on this forum - sorry !!

Could I please just check that during the daily auto update check, the hard drive presumably spins up and back down again?

I'm looking for a STB for someone in a bedroom environment, who is currently woken by their Sony box every morning.

I suspect that you could set an auto off/on sequence to switch it off during the quiet hours. Perhaps an 'expert' will clarify this for you.

Good Morning

Problem has recurred, after two fully successful recordings of Spike FV 31 on 3.9.15 and 10.9.15 the recording for 17.9.15 did not complete :-

Started on time but only first 45 mins of scheduled 1 hour completed. Message said " Recording incomplete - signal failed"

Does this signal failure mean that it is a transmission problem rather than a problem with the Humax box itself ?

Tried recordings of Pick FV 11 and Spike again last night for 2.00 am to 3.00 am and both went OK.

Is this something out of my control that I just have to live with ?

Regards

Roy

"Signal failed" would suggest the transmitter went off-air. Do you know of any transmitter maintenance on your local transmitter? This can often happen in the middle of the night. You say you recently changed to a 2000T. Are you absolutely sure you have it tuned to the correct transmitter for all the multiplexes? Anything within your house switches on or off when the signal goes off?
How many failed recordings so far? Two? My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the transmitter (or more likely, one multiplex) went off-air. There is obviously nothing you can do about that.

Back