Remote control functions swapped after firmware update

sphexx

I’ve just started using an HDR-2000T which I think my brother stopped using due to the sound not working. The sound was indeed reluctant to start so I presumed this was the sound over hdmi bug and applied the latest firmware from the Humax website. I didn’t notice any problem and the sound problem seemed cured.

Today I tried to pause a recording but the button on the remote (Humax RM-F04) had no effect. When I pressed the play button (ie the first button to the left of ’pause’) it paused and restarted on second press. The other replay buttons seem normal. I tried another a Humax remote (I have 4, don’t ask ...) it worked the same incorrect way.

I fired up a Humax FOX T2 and plugged in a hard drive which had old recordings on it and the replay buttons all worked as expected.

So it appears that the firmware update has knackered the controls. I haven’t tried downgrading or installing custom firmware etc yet. Has anyone else seen this effect?

Shouldn't you be using a RM-109U remote control with the HDR 2000T rather than the RM-F04 which is supplied with the HDR-Fox T2?

Ah, maybe so. I haven’t used the HDR 2000T before, didn’t occur to me the remote was different. I’ll see if I can find another remote. Thanks a lot for your amazingly prompt help. I haven’t been here for ages so it’s good to see the forum is still going!

Today I tried to pause a recording but the button on the remote (Humax RM-F04) had no effect. When I pressed the play button (ie the first button to the left of ’pause’) it paused and restarted on second press.
As Ezra has already said, you have found one of the things that works differently on the HDR_1800/2000T.

Yes, found one. I must have not paused any recordings since I set up the HDR a few days ago. I haven’t tried it yet but I see what has happened is that they have combined the play & pause buttons on the RM, which is logical but daft since it destroys compatibility. The RM pause doesn’t work on the FOX-T2 and they‘ve swapped all the buttons about to make it more confusing. Also bad for business since the old remotes work on the new machines (once you work it out) bit they can’t sell the new remotes as replacements for the old machines.
I‘ve been fairly unimpressed with the Humax remotes and was going to replace it with a One For All, which I have for the Samsung TV and has been very easy to set up and reliable.

Thanks again!

I should really know all this. I have been using an HDR-FOX T2 which has long had freezes and failed to boot up unless powered completely off for a time. I thought I had cured it by putting it on a timer which powdered it off for a time each night but recently got worse and had picture freezes (but sound carried on) so I I tried the stored HDR 2000 and was bitten by this remote problem.
I’m rather well endowed with Humaxes, having 2 FOX-T2’s, HDR-FOX, HDR 2000 and a PVR9300T and I did dabble with your custom firmware (which the current HD-FOX is running) and converting recordings.

I should really know all this. I have been using an HDR-FOX T2 which has long had freezes and failed to boot up unless powered completely off for a time. I thought I had cured it by putting it on a timer which powdered it off for a time each night but recently got worse and had picture freezes (but sound carried on) so I I tried the stored HDR 2000 and was bitten by this remote problem.
Doesn't sound good; have you tried a system flush from https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads ? I am a bit doubtful but I am not sure what else might help.

I applied the system flush and the machine seems to be cured though it’s only a couple of days and the faults were intermittent but became too frequent to use it. Fingers crossed, but won’t be surprised if it plays up again.
So thanks again!

I applied the system flush and the machine seems to be cured though it’s only a couple of days and the faults were intermittent but became too frequent to use it. Fingers crossed, but won’t be surprised if it plays up again.
Let us know if the fault reappears; data points as to how long a fix lasts are very useful (power on hours now (available through the Hard Drive diagnostic) and when/if the fault reoccurs would gold standard).

Back