Remote control issue

Before I decide what to do with the box, and as it’s an intermittent problem I’m going to try and install the Firmware to see what it’s all about, got a old tv to hook it up to.

Try using the remote nearer the Humax, as the batteries get older and weaker, the ir signal sometimes is a bit iffy on my Humax, you need a good line of sight, if you are using fresh/new batteries. are the battery contacts a bit crusty (may cause high resistance), sometimes as the batteries get weaker, I open the battery cover and give the batteries a quick spin, the remote is usable again for a short time, I then swap batteries and I can again change channels by pointing the remote anywhere

I had a spare remote which does have a few dodgy buttons and split the case to use IPA (no not India Pale Ale) to clean the contact area on the circuit, I could post photos of the board if it would help

Try using the remote nearer the Humax, as the batteries get older and weaker, the ir signal sometimes is a bit iffy on my Humax, you need a good line of sight, if you are using fresh/new batteries. are the battery contacts a bit crusty (may cause high resistance), sometimes as the batteries get weaker, I open the battery cover and give the batteries a quick spin, the remote is usable again for a short time, I then swap batteries and I can again change channels by pointing the remote anywhere

I had a spare remote which does have a few dodgy buttons and split the case to use IPA (no not India Pale Ale) to clean the contact area on the circuit, I could post photos of the board if it would help
The batteries are brand new, I tried it right in front of the box, didn’t work, I’ve used the original remote and a cheap replacement. Neither work. They both work with our second Humax box, it’s not the remotes it’s a fault with the box. Thanks to everyone for the help and advice....Better this is closed now .

As a last-ditch attempt, could it be the remote and the Humax are out of sync with regards to the remote control mode

The Humax HDR Fox T2 has a choice of six 'channels' to avoid conflicts with different boxes and remote controls

I have found even if a box is in standby, it can be affected by doing the 'OK' and '0' (Zero) combination, so to be doubly safe, turn the other box off at the rear switch

Make sure the remote is in 'PVR' mode, far left white button under the mute, try each remote control mode using 'OK' and '0' and with each successful change. try the remote with the other box

This is based on having a genuine Humax RM-F04 for use with a Humax HDR Fox T2

If you try each of the four white buttons, 'PVR', 'TV', 'DVD' and 'AUDIO', with each press (it will flash red), a box will appear on the television screen with a remote control image to one side and the word of each button pressed

could it be the remote and the Humax are out of sync with regards to the remote control mode
No, it couldn't. A handset in that state wouldn't work at all; the OP reports that it works intermittently, therefore I had already discounted that possibility.

If you try each of the four white buttons, 'PVR', 'TV', 'DVD' and 'AUDIO', with each press (it will flash red), a box will appear on the television screen with a remote control image to one side and the word of each button pressed
That (and other possibilities) was covered by my reference in post 2:

Back