Remote forgetting code?

MikeSh

We have a 1010S with the Humax remote - don't know the model but it's white front, grey back and hour-glass shaped.
It's been a bit reluctant to operate recently, needing a couple of pushes to get a response, so I checked the batteries and as they looked a bit low put new ones in.
Then it didn't work at all. But I noticed that when I pressed the power button our Aura box turned on, and then off when pressed again. They've coexisted for some months, so this was new.
It was late so I left them overnight and today checked again - same problem.
So I then did the OK+0 procedure to reset the codes (there are 3 boxes and I couldn't remember what numbers they had, so I did them all). Problem seems to be solved.

Does the handset lose its memory when the batteries are removed for a little while?
I don't recall having this issue before, but I may have had the batteries out for a few minutes longer than usual as I took them upstairs to check them and then more time to wrangle a new set out of their packaging.

Does the handset lose its memory when the batteries are removed for a little while?
I certainly do!

I've just tried on my two Freeview boxes. Removed batteries from the remote using mode 2. When batteries replaced it still controlled the correct box.

I certainly do!
I have to stay plugged in these days.

I've just tried on my two Freeview boxes. Removed batteries from the remote using mode 2. When batteries replaced it still controlled the correct box.
For how long?

I've never had this with the FOXs, but then again the batteries are usually only out for a minute or less. I just wonder if there is a limit. I may experiment some time.

It's not impossible I accidentally pressed the buttons to change the code while changing the batteries, but it's a long shot.

This morning tried to toast bread in the radio! :rolleyes:
Of course we're assuming you do have a toaster and don't normally toast your bread on the grill of an oven. (Just trying to picture how you could confuse a grill with a radio - big old-fashioned radio with valves?)

Yup, do have a toaster which was in a cupboard (take out when required and place in front of the Roberts DAB).
Obviously hadn't done the necessary and tried to insert bread into the radio. :lol:

Back