Remote -IRC OD STB1

Jeanni

Humax sent the above remote control as a replacement saying it would do everything I need but was cheaper than the proper one.
Being ruled by OCD I am trying to tidy up my programme recorded list and although I have deleted all the programmes I cannot delete the folders As I have not got an OPT button.
please help me before I delete everything and have a tidy but boring empty screen.

Thanks.

I am not familiar with the 1800T/2000T but if it functions in the same way as the HDR-Fox T2 (and I suspect it does), you need to be able to perform the OPT function and if the remote control you have been supplied with can't do this, I would ask for a replacement

Being ruled by OCD I am trying to tidy up my programme recorded list and although I have deleted all the programmes I cannot delete the folders
I don't think you need to blame OCD for that - it's a basic operation to be able to delete folders. As above: if they said it would do everything but it doesn't, you have every right to complain.

Humax sent the above remote control as a replacement saying it would do everything I need but was cheaper than the proper one.
Which Humax outlet are you using? I only know one for the UK and they don't sell the Classic brand.

The Classic band has different remotes for the different Humax models. Most of them will operate most of the functions of a different Humax model. By the sound of it they have sent you one for a different Humax model. Did you state which particular model you were looking for and get an acknowledgment back? Which Humax model does the invoice state the remote is for?

Thank you all for your replies.
i decided to write to Humax on your advice but I found that I actually bought it through Amazon!
i should have known as I have had excellent service from them in the past.
An email has been sent to the Seller and I will advise the outcome in due course. Sorry to have mislead you but very pleased to have made your acquaintance.

I meant the link to the exact item! I appreciate you won't be able to post a link (as a newbie in the probation period), but knock off the "https://amazon.co.uk/" (or whatever) and that will be good enough.

I have now received a reply from the seller and the button to use on this remote is the FAV button. I have checked it and it works . You highlight the folder you want to delete, click the delete option and away it goes.
Thanks to all those who took the trouble to respond.
Copy of my remote attached. May help someone else.
jeanni.

Attachments

• C8E1207A-735B-45F1-8D03-CCB034A292A9.png
    C8E1207A-735B-45F1-8D03-CCB034A292A9.png
    912.2 KB · Views: 23
I have now received a reply from the seller and the button to use on this remote is the FAV button. I have checked it and it works . You highlight the folder you want to delete, click the delete option and away it goes.
Thanks to all those who took the trouble to respond.
Copy of my remote attached. May help someone else.
jeanni.
I'm pleased you find a solution but if anyone wants to avoid a Humaxx branded replacement remote for either an HDR-2000T or an HDR-1800t then the IRC OD STB2 may be slightly less confusing
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Control-HDR-1800T-batteries-included/dp/B00OXTL2B0

There is also the RM Series whose buttons are far more appropriate for either the HDR-2000T or the HDR-1800T.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/RM-Replacement-Remote-Control-HDR-1800T/dp/B009TTEK5O

Back