Remote not changing volume on my Fire tv

Kevin Thomas

My Humax (1100s) remote has been programmed to turn off my Toshiba Fire tv, the mute works but it won’t change the volume on the tv. I used to be able to do this on my Hisence tv. Any help would be appreciated

Your system is unknown to me, but for HDR-FOX the programming of the (eg) TV mode has multiple codes per manufacturer, and you just have to try them one by one to find the best one for your particular TV.

Your system is unknown to me, but for HDR-FOX the programming of the (eg) TV mode has multiple codes per manufacturer, and you just have to try them one by one to find the best one for your particular TV.
Thanks. I have tried all the codes and none of them enabled the volume control. I have since been told to go into the audio settings on the humax tuner and change from multi channel to stereo. This has now solved the problem and the volume control now works.

So you were not trying to control the TV at all then. We are well aware of the stereo/multichannel issue, that affects the volume control on the PVR not the TV.

Sorry you are right. Not technically minded just wanted the volume control to work as it did before. Thanks for your input

Back