Remote problem

terryb

Hi All,
Wouldn't you believe it, my remote has suddenly stopped working, I've checked that it's signalling using a digital camera and thats ok, I switched off the machine from the mains, left it for a while and then tried again still no remote, I can switch on etc from the front panel but nothing happens when I use the remote, I have searched the forum but can't find anything to help, can anybody help? 2 days to xmas typical!

TerryB

Is the remote control definitely in PVR mode? does the white PVR button light up when you press buttons?

Hi Brian,
I'm sorry PVR mode? if I press pvr and then a command the PVR button flashes, as opposed to Tv or DVD if I press them first then the selected button flashes. I did look in the manual and it said something to the effect, press the PVR button for 3 seconds and it will flash once then enter the code, code? I don't know of a code is it default 000?

Hi Brian,
I'm sorry PVR mode? if I press pvr and then a command the PVR button flashes, as opposed to Tv or DVD if I press them first then the selected button flashes. I did look in the manual and it said something to the effect, press the PVR button for 3 seconds and it will flash once then enter the code, code? I don't know of a code is it default 000?
It can't be that then, I just wondered if somebody had pressed the TV, DVD, or AUDIO buttons by mistake, as this would have stopped it working your PVR.
Do you have it set to work your TV? and if so, does it still work OK with that?
Have you tried a new set of batteries?

The white pvr button should flash red when you press any other key, if not press the pvr button once. Failing that, 3 things to try

Factory reset - make a note of your recording reservations first

Change the remote control channel - http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/using-more-than-1-humax-box-in-the-same-room.23/

Install the custom firmware it has a web browser remote control that controls the box over a home network.

It can't be that then, I just wondered if somebody had pressed the TV, DVD, or AUDIO buttons by mistake, as this would have stopped it working your PVR.
Do you have it set to work your TV? and if so, does it still work OK with that?
Have you tried a new set of batteries?

Hi Brian/ Graham
I have got it working! I'm not sure how, I pressed and held pressed the PVR button for about 4-5 secs and after that everything came good, from what you both have said the remote was set on something other than PVR, so what of this code thing refered to in the manual? does the PVR have a code separate from the TV and DVD etc or does it go to PVR by default without a code? my TV and DVD ae not set up to operate from this remote.

Hi Brian/ Graham
I have got it working! I'm not sure how, I pressed and held pressed the PVR button for about 4-5 secs and after that everything came good, from what you both have said the remote was set on something other than PVR, so what of this code thing refered to in the manual? does the PVR have a code separate from the TV and DVD etc or does it go to PVR by default without a code? my TV and DVD ae not set up to operate from this remote.

The codes are required to set up the other buttons to control your other kit. The codes for different makes of TV DVD and Audio kit are in the manual. Since the Foxsat-pvr all newer Humax kit uses the same ir codes so if you have two in a room then both would normally respond to either remote. The link explains how to set up the box and it's remote so they only control the one box.

For instance by default they all use Channel 1, if you bought a HDR FOX T2 and used it in the same room you would change that to use say channel 2. The new HDR-1000s has a bug that can lock out the remote, invoking the ir channel change procedure fixes it (You don't have to change anything). I was wondering if a similar problem had occurred on your Foxsat.

Hi Graham,

right, amazingly I actually understood that! so effectively my remote was set for something other than PVR and by pressing and holding the PVR button I reset it to what I wanted , and by pressing and holding either TV or DVD and entering the relavent code I can use the remote to control those units instead of having half a million remotes littering the lounge ( slight exageration there ).

Thats great thank you and thanks to Brian also for your help.

A Happy Xmas and a peaceful New Year to both of you and to your families.

Terry B

Hi Graham,

right, amazingly I actually understood that! so effectively my remote was set for something other than PVR and by pressing and holding the PVR button I reset it to what I wanted , and by pressing and holding either TV or DVD and entering the relavent code I can use the remote to control those units instead of having half a million remotes littering the lounge ( slight exageration there ).

Thats great thank you and thanks to Brian also for your help.

A Happy Xmas and a peaceful New Year to both of you and to your families.

Terry B

Merry Christmas from me. You don't have to hold the mode change buttons. On press of the white TV button sets the remote to control the TV. From then on the TV button will flash red until you press a different white button. Say you want to turn the TV volume down, press the TV button and adjust the volume, then press the pvr button so your remote now controls the pvr again.

Gotcha, sorry I was a little late responding xmas got in the way, hope you had a good one.

Many thanks for your help, and a happy New Year.

Terry B

Back