Remote Scheduler shows "Unknown event" and doesn't schedule

mberger

Hi - I've recently persuaded my friends to load the custom firmware and I've set up remote scheduling. However, if I schedule a programme remotely it shows in the queued commands list as 'Unknown event'. After the double reboot the recent activity list shows 'found event - Night Manager' (it has a name now) and 'successfully scheduled' but there is nothing in the scheduled recordings list. Has anyone else seen this phenomenon?

Not one I've come across - could you post the box ID (from the settings page in RS) along with something that you're trying to schedule and I'll see if I can tell what is happening.

Not one I've come across - could you post the box ID (from the settings page in RS) along with something that you're trying to schedule and I'll see if I can tell what is happening.

Sure. The no. is 0250532374. I've rescheduled 'Night Manager', currently it is showing 'unknown event' and the double reboot will happen at 0420 tomorrow if not before. Thanks!

Sure. The no. is 0250532374. I've rescheduled 'Night Manager', currently it is showing 'unknown event' and the double reboot will happen at 0420 tomorrow if not before. Thanks!
I think it needs to push its channel list up - any chance you can run the rs/sync diagnostic on it?

I'm a bit rusty with this as my own RS has worked flawlessly from the outset - is rs/sync a command line process? (actually that seems unlikely, it would be rs /sync with a space after rs I guess) - can you point me to somewhere that explains it? I've done a search in the Wiki to no avail. By 'push its channel list up' do you mean the channel list has become out of date? Thanks again.

RS doesn't seem to know what channels are tuned into that Humax. It should be fine tomorrow after it does its daily upload but you can force it using the diagnostic. You can either run it from the web interface Diagnostics screen by typing rs/sync into the box on that page or from the telnet menu by selecting the 'run diagnostic' option or from the command line by typing 'diag rs/sync'

I don't quite understand why it should be sorted tomorrow, when the problem has been present since RS was installed?
Ok, scratch that. It's definitely a problem with missing data though. It looks like the box is running an old version of the RS package (1.3.0) and that could well be the problem. It's also running CFW 2.12 which is end of life so you won't be able to upgrade the RS package without first upgrading the custom firmware.

If you've only recently managed to install it, as you said in #1, why did you not install a current version? And how did you manage to install an old version of rs ?
Something doesn't quite add up.

Yes, apologies, I confused myself... what I should have written was 'I have persuaded my friends to buy a FOX-T2 which already had the custom firmware loaded.' As for the remote scheduling I only dealt with the setting up of the account, not the installation of the package which had already been done. Sorry if I misled anyone.

Ok, scratch that. It's definitely a problem with missing data though. It looks like the box is running an old version of the RS package (1.3.0) and that could well be the problem. It's also running CFW 2.12 which is end of life so you won't be able to upgrade the RS package without first upgrading the custom firmware.

OK, I upgraded both yesterday, but still get 'unknown event' if I schedule a programme via rs this morning. Is it still going to be useful to run rs/sync?

Yes, it will make sure that the RS has all up-to-date information for you.
Could you also check the web interface Diagnostics -> Multiplex Information page to make sure that this box is not tuned to multiple EPG regions?

Yes, it will make sure that the RS has all up-to-date information for you.
Could you also check the web interface Diagnostics -> Multiplex Information page to make sure that this box is not tuned to multiple EPG regions?

I think you may have solved it. rs/sync said all was fine, but checking the multiplex diagnostics showed that all multiplexes were duplicated, all channels coming from both Sutton Coldfield and Lark Stoke. After retuning just one source was shown for each multiplex (strangely the BBC1 HD multiplex came from LS and the others from Sutton, but it seems to work). I scheduled a programme using RS and it was shown properly, rather than by 'unknown event'. Fingers crossed and thanks again.

Back