Remote Scheduling 2 different HDR-Fox T2's on same Network?

jsrobo

Is it possible to remotely schedule two different HDR-Fox T2's on the same network?

Two different IP addresses I can imagine, but how one would differentiate between them when logging on over the internet I can't for the life of me guess.

Yes, no problem at all. They identify themselves uniquely to the scheduling service (using their MAC address) and when you log into the web interface you get a drop-down at the top so you can switch between them. In the mobile interface you can click the top left to switch device.

If you give each of them a different hostname (via the webif settings screen) then it's easy to tell them apart in the RS portal.

Yes it is possible, I do this myself. All you have to do is to select which box you want to schedule from the drop down device list near the top of the RS website.

Edit: I must learn to type faster.:)

If you give each of them a different hostname (via the webif settings screen) then it's easy to tell them apart in the RS portal.
Is it possible to change the hostname that appears in the RS portal Device list? I have tried changing it in the webif settings (which works fine in webif), but it does not change it on the RS portal device list.

Yes, no problem at all. They identify themselves uniquely to the scheduling service (using their MAC address) and when you log into the web interface you get a drop-down at the top so you can switch between them. In the mobile interface you can click the top left to switch device.

Hey, that's brilliant!!!!

Is it possible to change the hostname that appears in the RS portal Device list? I have tried changing it in the webif settings (which works fine in webif), but it does not change it on the RS portal device list.
Yes - just re-register from the webif settings page with the same email address and that should do it.

Back