Remote Scheduling - Auto Email Alerts

ian_j

I've received an email today with matched items, one of them is actually for a program that is on tonight.

Shouldn't the match have been seen nearly a week ago, I haven't recently added the item that has been matched.

Something is definitely wrong.

I have a match setup for "episode 1" (no quotes) on radio 4 extra to catch any new series.

Looking through my email updates I can see at least 3 shows that aren't on the emails that show up when I click on Show Matching Events.

Is there anything I can provide to help diagnose the issue to try & resolve it

The most likely cause of events showing up the matching events page but not in the emails is that you have been told about them before (based on the CRIDs assigned by the broadcaster). It would actually make the matching events page more useful if it indicated which ones it thinks you've already seen.
I can't explain an event turning up in the mailbox with only one day's notice though, unless it has only just appeared in the EPG in that form.

Would it help if I compiled a list of missing shows? If so what info would you need?

Is the search case sensitive? I always presumed it wasn't as I was getting updates.

Just checked through 13 days emails and none of them have the following shows on them.

If I click the "Show Matching Events" against the synopsis or name they do show up.

Humax - Missed Reminders.png

I've updated the Show Matching Events with an extra column showing if you have ever been emailed about that event in the past. Can you see if there is anything in there for this search?

Many thanks af123 for looking into this I really appreciate it.

I thought I was going mad but yes there are some blanks as shown in the attached image.

Humax - Missed Reminders With Emails.png

I've also run searches for hogg & rudy (titles as above)

The dates are interesting, I presume this is the last time this episode was on.

Humax - Missed Reminders With Emails - hogg.png

Humax - Missed Reminders With Emails - rudy.png

The 'Notified' column is a very useful addition to the Remote Scheduling >> Auto >> Show Matching Events -Thanks

This mornings email filled in all the blanks for matches to "episode 1" in the synopsis but not for hogg or rudy in the title.

But isn't the info. in #7 saying that 'Hogg' was E-mailed on 2013-03-19 and 'Rudy' was E-mailed on 2013-06-02?

You can get the Humax to 'forget' the previous sent E-Mails with RS >> Auto >> More >> Reset Matched Event

It's possible the broadcaster has re-used the IDs. The system is saying that it told you about that episode last year.

As an example the BBC recently broadcast a series and for some reason missed out one of the episodes (something in the news related to the show maybe)

But at a later date they may broadcast the series complete and I would like to hear the missing episode.

You can get the Humax to 'forget' the previous sent E-Mails with RS >> Auto >> More >> Reset Matched Event

Thats fine for one or two items but I have quite a few.

Any way a button could be added that resets them all or some form of tick box to select which ones to reset.

Back