Remote Scheduling - Auto, Missed Match

ian_j

I have the following match on Auto:

2015 09 23 - Auto Match.png
I have just checked manually and seen the following that should have matched:

2015 09 23 - Missed Event.png

No idea why it has been missed.

I replicated your entry in my rs auto and show matching ..... produced the above result

you could have missed the email?

I tried it using Email Event (as opposed to Series) and putting the text in Title. Doing a Show Matching Events, it found the program.

I see a match for that rule against somebody's device (Unique ID d6523659) that resulted in an email for that episode being sent on the 17th May. Could that be you?

Code:
  Auto 7807 - Countdown to Murder/
  Burned Alive: Countdown To Murder 5* [Sun, 24 May 2015 22:00:00 +0100 / 01:00]

Does this mean I won't get email notifications of Foyle's War episodes for which I have already had email notification for previous broadcasts, possibly months ago?

Does this mean I won't get email notifications of Foyle's War episodes for which I have already had email notification for previous broadcasts, possibly months ago?
Yes, unless you reset the matches through the web interface.

ian_j that looks like a serious question to me!

It is! I didn't know the notifications are one-offs, I expected emails would tell me very occurrence. I can understand that schedule downloads would be one-offs.

Thanks, I'll revisit the RS and reset as you say (I don't know whether I had the notifications before or not - I should have done, I think, but if you recall I was having trouble with them not turning up. I am now getting them for the re-run which has started recently,

Last edited:
There's too much reading-between-the-lines going on. People should read what's there, not what they think might be there.

Apologies, I thought BH was highlighting my stupidity.
If you are stupid, then I must be too. Is it an unreasonable expectation that pattern matching will match every occurrence, and not just the first one it finds... forever?

You wouldn't want to be notified every day about an episode that's first spotted 7 days hence, nor necessarily about the series being repeated a couple of months later. Some history is required but maybe there should be a time cut-off where previously seen episodes are forgotten.

Last edited:
I find this facility very useful as it is. I tend to set rather generic titles (eg, formula 1) and am happy that I will get all the practice sessions, repeats, etc.
I also like to be in control of what is notified to me rather than a 'programatic presumption' being made. It does mean that I get more emails but the delete button sorts these out every time. I would rather be informed twice than not at all.

why does the entry below not return any entries, there should be several:

Attachments

• xunt.jpg
    xunt.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 19
Back